Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 06:37 PM

21 posts, read 92,395 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a men's soccer team looking for players? My husband and I just moved to Charlotte and he is searching for a team. He played Division 1 in college and has played in adult leagues ever since. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM

55 posts, read 188,277 times
Try Strikers Soccer in Huntersville - you can google it and look at the webpage. I play there year round and I'm sure he would be able to get in a team on one of the leagues!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 PM

70 posts, read 144,129 times
I recommend he go to NC-Soccer Forum . It's the site that all the serious soccer players around here go to, and people frequently get hooked up with teams that way. Lots of good, helpful advice (and people) there.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:24 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
I second strikers in the University area. I've been playing all of my life and a bunch of us play on leagues all year round. However, Strikers is a great "pick up" place and only costs $5 to play. Just show up at 7pm and sign in. It's great for keeping your skills up and good exercise due to the short fields and quick play.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Strikers is great, I played there for years, but if he's still wanting to play at a more competitive standard then I'd advise him to try the indoor Charlotte Sports Center on Harris Blvd - their Div 1 league has many ex-college players. Contact the front desk and ask them to give you the contact details of some of the team captains and go from there.

The same guys probably play outdoor 11 v 11 down at Ramblewood Park, too.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 PM

248 posts, read 747,388 times
Strikers is a good facility - but what is he looking for? Strikers is small, artificial turf fields and they play 5v5. It's fun and good exercise playing in small quarters, but it might not be the competition he's looking for. Their teams range from beginner's walk-about to better, although not really consistent, advanced teams.

There is the SportsConnection facility in South Charlotte near 77South and Westinghouse - they have 7v7 outdoor open men's league and also 6v6 indoor leagues. Competition can be very good. Indoor has open leagues and 30+ leagues. Also, co-ed outdoor league.

I play on a team in a 30+ league at SC and we're always looking for good players. Current season is nearly over and new season will begin shortly after. PM me here and I'll give you more info on the team if he wants to find out more...

hxxp://www.sportsconnectionnc.com/

Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Yep I play on the sports connection league too. WE are undefeated this year!

Also play on the outdoor league at Ramblewood as well. That starts back up in March.

We just started another season at Revolution park as well off Remount.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:14 PM

63 posts, read 276,444 times
Depends on what area of town you live on.

Charlotte Sports Center is on the Northside of town, but heard can be hard to hook up as an indy.

Sports Connection is on the Southside of town off Westinghouse. They take indy signups.

Interlink Charlotte plays 11v11 at Ramblewood and does 7v7 or 6v6 on the turf fields at Revolution. They take indy signups also.

Also, try the Mecklenburg County Parks and Rec website. I know they do a womens league at Renaissance, but not sure of any other leagues.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM

1,521 posts, read 4,950,060 times
Well in the Huntersville area I prefer the Charlotte Sports Center any day over strickers.

http://www.charlottesportscenter.com

We are going to win it this season!! COYS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte