Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,192,745 times

Advertisements

It depends on where you will live. Do you want nightclub, sports bar, or something else? Are you looking to avoid food places? I prefer uptown for a club/bar scene. As Frank states, Epicenter is the place to be. Lots of places and if you get to know the people and get a good rep, you could be poached!. I know of two people that has happened two and they now make more money and a better scene. If you want to avoid uptown, I like the Birkdale area, again several groups of bars and a good scene, though not as active during the week as uptown and more teenie boppers if you go to like a Fox and the Hound. Some places on the lake are decent, but can have DEAD nights. I prefer Jokers of any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,045,854 times
Uptown has the most places and they're packed on the weekends. You want to stay away from the younger places like Cans and places near there. The Epicenter places usually charge a cover, so you're not serving a bunch of cheapsters and the crowds aren't too young. I like Wiskey River and the place next door seems to always have a line a mile long, but I can't recall the name of it.

Good Luck!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,715,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Interesting site, Blue. I have to wonder about their criterion, however, as Boardwalk Billy's is the #1 bar and the #1 restaurant?
Yeah, I should claify, I was mostly saying to check the photo section to see the type and size of crowds at the clubs. That site maintains a very good, and very up to date photo gallery. I wouldn't put much into the rankings at all, as I think posters on that site vote. Again, I'd focus more on the photo gallery.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM

228 posts, read 907,441 times
Just as people before said....on weekends anywhere in the Epicentre is realllllly busy(Suite, Whiskey River, Howl at the Moon, Blackfinn, Mez). Very easy to make a lot of money. Dixie's on the weekend is also always packed. I would definitely check into those places.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:04 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,837,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Good lord...straight outta Seaside Heights, New Jersey...
Look like they may be dancers from "Rent" that is in town? Are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte