Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:05 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
You know it Ani, I always stop by with a big pot of grits, greens and pigs feet when ever I seen them out of state tags pulling in. I do leave the hog washers at home and take the shotgun out from the window on the pickum up truck through. Gotta makem feel welcome dontcha know.
Awwww, shucks, JLAT . . . why put the shotgun up? And hogwashers - they are all occasion dress . . . I just added some rhinestones to the bodice of my favorite pair - now they are good to go just about anywhere!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Awwww, shucks, JLAT . . . why put the shotgun up? And hogwashers - they are all occasion dress . . . I just added some rhinestones to the bodice of my favorite pair - now they are good to go just about anywhere!!!!
uh my shotgun ain't exactly what'd ya call street legal, and my hogwashers are kinda gappy on the sides and can get a little airy specially since I only buckle the one side..........snort..

Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
uh my shotgun ain't exactly what'd ya call street legal, and my hogwashers are kinda gappy on the sides and can get a little airy specially since I only buckle the one side..........snort..
ROFL! Yeah, that doesn't sound like the best get-up for the local welcoming committee, Hee Hee!!!

Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,426,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROFL! Yeah, that doesn't sound like the best get-up for the local welcoming committee, Hee Hee!!!
Ya, I save 'em for the HOA meetings, bunco nights and when we go to Lorenzo's for a slice.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Ya, I save 'em for the HOA meetings, bunco nights and when we go to Lorenzo's for a slice.
JLAT - you rock, LOL!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:56 AM

327 posts, read 1,197,504 times
As far as I know, my wife is the only native Charlottean on our block. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac and are surrounded by folks from Syracuse, NY, Philadelphia and other parts PA. Plenty of damn Eagles flags in our neighborhood!

Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
As far as I know, my wife is the only native Charlottean on our block. We're at the end of a cul-de-sac and are surrounded by folks from Syracuse, NY, Philadelphia and other parts PA. Plenty of damn Eagles flags in our neighborhood!
LOL - gosh, I can only imagine the flags that are flown! I am a big Jayhawks fan but DH is a Mizzou grad. Living back in Kansas, I would concede to him when the Jayhawks played the Tigers. HOWEVER, no one in the whole 900 plus house subdivision was a Carolina grad . . . so it was my delight to fly that Carolina flag when anyone played them. Amazingly, I met a lot of people from other sections of the neighborhood who would stop by and ask me about the Carolina allegiance. Turned out to be a great way to meet others.

The whole time I lived in Kansas, I only met two other people from the South - one from Georgia and one from Durham (professor from Duke who had moved to teach at Lawrence part time in retirement). I am serious. Never met another Southerner!!!! All my neighbors were from the east coast and midwest. Only two were from Kansas. That region is a lot like Charlotte - the new subdivisions are mostly made up of transplants who have been transferred with jobs. The great thing was - since almost everyone was a newcomer - we all bonded together and created support groups.

I still miss that neighborhood! Not saying my neighborhood is not a great place to live - but it is different. We have a very broad demographic in this neighborhood, whereas most all of the residents in my former neighborhood were about the same range of ages and had kids in school (and the school was located at the corner of our subdivision - easy bike ride there) . . . so I think you just get to know more people and be more involved and supportive when you are raising kids together - no family nearby . . .

I have been curious about other new neighborhoods, cause my theory is that a lot of newcomers are together in most of the new subdivisions. I think that can be a really great thing, as long as people are friendly.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
I have very few actual locals in my neighborhood. My local neighbors don't let their dogs crap on the sidewalks like the transplants. Or a they say in NYC, "Leave landmines".

Old 02-02-2009, 08:03 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,330 times
How do you go about inspecting this crap to see if it is local or not?

Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIkid View Post
If you listen closely, you can tell if they were native to Philly. If they were, they are saying Iggles.

Watch some games with them, & you can find out why Philadelphia fans are called Boo-birds. You'd probably have a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte