U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 PM

28 posts, read 65,411 times

Advertisements

I would be so grateful if someone could help me with my move to Charlotte. I accepted a transfer there but I've never been there and when I go there in a couple weeks, I pretty much need to find and sign with a place that weekend. From reading around and watching youtube videos, I think I'd like to live in one of the neighborhoods around uptown.

I really like the looks of NoDa and Plaza Midwood and think they're my style although I understand things can get a little shady if you go outside the heart of these areas (I can't seem to find any place to live in NoDa anyways so any danger may be a moot point). So, can anyone tell me what streets encompass these areas along with elizabeth and southend. I've done a search on this but I can't find anything concrete.

Also, if you have any apartment recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it. I contacted an apartment locater and told her where I was looking but she only came back with places in uptown and dilworth (I will look into them of course). I've never done this apartment search much less in a foreign area so I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it so much
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 04:45 PM

45,246 posts, read 92,486,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciebaby View Post
I would be so grateful if someone could help me with my move to Charlotte. I accepted a transfer there but I've never been there and when I go there in a couple weeks, I pretty much need to find and sign with a place that weekend. From reading around and watching youtube videos, I think I'd like to live in one of the neighborhoods around uptown.

I really like the looks of NoDa and Plaza Midwood and think they're my style although I understand things can get a little shady if you go outside the heart of these areas (I can't seem to find any place to live in NoDa anyways so any danger may be a moot point). So, can anyone tell me what streets encompass these areas along with elizabeth and southend. I've done a search on this but I can't find anything concrete.

Also, if you have any apartment recommendations, I'd greatly appreciate it. I contacted an apartment locater and told her where I was looking but she only came back with places in uptown and dilworth (I will look into them of course). I've never done this apartment search much less in a foreign area so I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it so much
Not that there aren't a few apartments in those areas, but for the most part you find rental homes - not apartments. What is your price range?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciebaby View Post

N. Davidson, Matheson and The Plaza - NoDa

Hawthorne, Central Ave and Country Club Lane to the area of the Charlotte Country Club - Plaza Midwood

N. Kings, Central Ave to the RR tracks (then you go into Commonwealth and Chantilly), Randolph Rd (4th St) and Dotger - Elizabeth

Old 02-03-2009, 04:59 PM

South Blvd, Morehead, S. Mint and West Blvd - South End

(though the boundries are currently being pushed to Remount on the southern end)

Old 02-03-2009, 05:22 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,383,000 times
Elizabeth has a lot of townhome-type duplexes that rent out as well as some great rental homes. Plus it's one of the most conveniently located neighborhoods in all of Charlotte. Close to everything. I'd recommend a drive down 5th until it hits 7th and some gandering in the side streets... there are often for rent by owner gems that are only advertised with a sign in the yard. Definitely recommend a first-hand investigation.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM

28 posts, read 65,411 times
Thank you lovesmountains and Native son! My price range is up to $1100. I'd prefer to spend less but I'll go that high for the right place.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:21 PM

236 posts, read 636,109 times
Try Elizabeth Square (new on Hawthorne) or perhaps Villages of Eastover Glen (Cranbrook and 4th). These are condos that can be rented but also check out Eastover Ridge on Randolph near the Mint Museum...We love this part of the world just wish there was some commercial to walk to..

Old 02-04-2009, 02:24 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,354,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blabber View Post
Try Elizabeth Square (new on Hawthorne) or perhaps Villages of Eastover Glen (Cranbrook and 4th). These are condos that can be rented but also check out Eastover Ridge on Randolph near the Mint Museum...We love this part of the world just wish there was some commercial to walk to..
I've seen Elizabeth Square several times...very cute! Elizabeth is such a great neighborhood. Best of luck to the OP! I wish I was more knowledgeable about the closer-in areas and could help with specifics.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 AM

29 posts, read 249,820 times
I live in NoDa and for that price you can afford a morgage where I live. Check out Royal Truss they are new lofts in NoDa and I love them! Plaza-Midwood isn't far at all from NoDa so we can live in either area and be close to each other. Also check out Highland Mills Lofts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte