Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,575 times

Advertisements

My husband and I recently moved to the Charlotte area and bought a beautiful home with hardwood floors. We had a couple of rugs we brought from our previous home, but we need a couple of new ones for rooms like our dining room that we decided to start over fresh with decorating! Any suggestions where we can find quality area rugs at good prices in the Charlotte market? We are not necessarily looking for the highest end of the spectrum as far as quality, just something that will last awhile til we redecorate or move again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:37 PM

28 posts, read 88,978 times
Default Ideas for Buying Rugs

There are several good options. First, check out the Capel Rug Outlet on East Independence Blvd. (located across the street from the Windsor Square shopping center and next door to Shomar's). They have a good selection and good prices. A little further away is the Rug & Home Gallery in Gaffney located next door to the yellow Prime Outlets on I-85 (you can Google it for the exit number). This is the place that has those annoying TV ads where the attractive blonde is yelling at you. But again, big selection and great prices and Gaffney is only about 45 min. down I-85 South. There is another rug outlet in Gaffney located at one of the other exits, too, but I don't know the name of it. Finally, I recently checked out the new WOW Outlet stores located in Ft. Lawn, SC in two of the old Springs Mills plant buildings. The building with furniture has tons of rugs all around two walls and the prices seemed pretty low. The other building is all home decor accessories. Ft. Lawn is in the edge of Chester County where Hwy. 9 and Hwy. 21 intersect and is just across the Catawba River from Lancaster, SC. It's sort of out in the country but worth the 45-min. drive from Charlotte. Good luck with your search!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,181 times
Attractive blonde from the annoying TV ads website

Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,680,057 times
It's not local, but we've had lots of luck with ebay. You can narrow it down by dimensions, etc, which makes it pretty easy. We've ordered 3 over the past few years, and we've never had a problem.
If you want to see them and feel them first, we also got a few rugs at Lowes. Their sales/clearance prices can be great for area rugs. Happy shopping!

Old 02-05-2009, 02:52 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,236 times
If you like Persians or antique stuff there is a great shop on Morehead near McDowell. Same side of the road as Frankie's, it's in the small old strip mall. The guy has a good selection and will let you return anything you're not in love with. Bring your bargaining skills, it's fun.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:12 PM

285 posts, read 800,173 times
Costco had the CHEAP!!!

and Bassett has a great clearance room that has rugs that may suit you

Good luck

Old 02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

461 posts, read 985,019 times
IKEA has a good selection too.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 AM

876 posts, read 3,792,623 times
overstock.com

or, hope on 85 South and head into Gaffney SC to the PRIME OUTLETS. There is a HUGE rug store right there. Exit 92 I think??

Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 AM

810 posts, read 2,291,791 times
We found our rugs at the Hickory Furniture Mart. They have a couple of places but, found good deals at Unique Oriental Rugs. I thought Boyles clearence center on 74 had some nice choices however, I found their prices to be way out of line in Hickory. It sounds like you know these rugs and their value.

We bought another over 10 years ago at Zaki in High Point. That was one of the more impressive places I've seen rugs. Just for fun the salesman took us in the room w/ the large silk rugs that sell for +50k. Very large selection, but again, many years ago.

Last edited by yrgm; 02-11-2009 at 03:57 AM..

Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,616 times
Congratulations with your new house!!

My husband and I bought new house as well not long time ago... And we were shopping on eBay. We bought lots of rugs there.. I recommend you home-ConceptsUSA, they have cheep rugs and a lot of beautiful designs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte