Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2006, 03:13 PM

13 posts, read 57,253 times

Advertisements

Currently in Fl looking to relocate to NC. Looking into Mooresville but really do not know too much about it yet. How are the schools? Is shopping convenient? Any advice on communities to look into with 2 small children? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 04:18 PM

77 posts, read 461,218 times
Hi! I have family in Mooresville. They love the area.The schools are very good there. If you do a search here on Mooresville I'm sure you will get more info.

Main problem is traffic. Mooresville is growing too quickly.There are communities for every economic level.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:04 PM

34 posts, read 100,423 times
Mooresville is great you will love it!!!!!!!!!! Hwy 150 traffic is bad true. But an up and coming area.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:17 PM

316 posts, read 394,779 times
lots of traffic - where do you guys go to the mall? Hickory or Northlake - Up and coming area but they are having growth pains. BUt Mooresville is a big area lots of rural areas - two exits 33 and 36 off 77 are built up - but that is two roads

Old 02-16-2008, 08:22 PM

429 posts, read 730,153 times
Pecan Hills (Ryan homes), The Gates @ Waterside Crossing (Niblock homes)west side of Lake Norman, Waterlynn (KB Homes), Legacy Village Legacy Village,
This should give you a good start on neighborhoods to research. And, there's always GreatSchools.net and PSK12 Public School Rankings to compare schools across the US.
Hope this helps...

Old 02-17-2008, 09:23 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnsonRE View Post
Pecan Hills (Ryan homes), The Gates @ Waterside Crossing (Niblock homes)west side of Lake Norman, Waterlynn (KB Homes), Legacy Village Legacy Village,
This should give you a good start on neighborhoods to research. And, there's always GreatSchools.net and PSK12 Public School Rankings to compare schools across the US.
Hope this helps...
I live in Mooresville on Hwy 3 & love it here. We are in the Mooresville Graded school district & my son attends Mooresville HS. Our experience with the teachers, so far, has been positive. They are very accessible & on top of the student's progress. Overall, we are happy with the school, more importantly, he's happy & doing quite well there. I don't have any other kids, so I can't tell you about the primary schools. It's still pretty rural where I am & traffic isn't bad, but it will eventually change when the new subdivision next door, along with the shopping mall, are completed. West of I-77, along Hwy 150 & Brawley School Rd can be a nightmare at certain times & can make a 15 commute into a 45 min commute. There's tons of shopping all along Hwy 150 & the big malls (Northlake & Concord Mills) are not too far away.

I haven't checked out Legacy Village yet, so I don't know much about it. Pecan Hills & Waterlynn are both in the Iredell/Statesville School district. The Gates at Waterside Crossing is in Lincoln. I can vouch for Niblock Homes because I live in one (Harris Village). They're a reputable, semi-custom builder. We LOVE our home! There's 1 new home left in our community & they are building a new community, Ashland Glen, on Kistler Farm Rd that will be in the MGSD. The model's almost finished there.

What size/price range are you looking for? There's a few other communities being built this side of Mooresville.

BxRosie

Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 PM

36 posts, read 145,562 times
Is the Iredell/Statesville School district that much worse than the Mooresville district??
Im considering the new Waterlynn subdivision???

Thanks,
(Yes, Im still looking!!!! But getting closer to coming down! )
Jodi

Old 04-02-2008, 01:41 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Mooresville seems to be a nice area, as is Huntersville where we live. We go the Super WalMart in Mooresville on a weekly basis. We choose to live in the Huntersville/Mooresville area because we love boating and Lake Norman is right there. However, if you do move to Mooresville, the traffic on 150......can be very heavy at times. Don't have kids, so cann't tell you about schools. But, for shopping and eating, Mooresville has it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte