Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 14,531 times

Advertisements

Hi we just moved to Charlotte and are looking for a good furniture store to buy some dressers. I'd like a place with quality furniture, big selection at very reasonable prices. Can anyone recommend a place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 12:49 PM

149 posts, read 533,407 times
There's a whole street of furniture stores behind Carolina Place Mall. We liked Haverty's, Boyles and Thomasville. The street has great selection of stores, with very different styles/price points. You may want to start there to find a store that fits your needs. It's so easy to compare since they're so close together.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:53 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,281,087 times
there is also an ASHLEY store in Matthews I want to say on 74 towards indian trail? I happen to spot it beccause most of my furniture is ashley and have been very happy...

Old 03-17-2007, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 14,531 times
Thank you for the replies! I was actually looking for something more 'local' since this state is famous for furniture. I'm thinking a big showroom with lots of different brands. Also, I'm looking for something within 30 minutes of downtown Charlotte.

Sorry I wasn't clearer on my first post.

We checked out Furniture Outlet World today - about an hour drive for us. We liked that they had a big selection and the prices were great, we didn't like that they didn't provide delivery.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwvw View Post
Thank you for the replies! I was actually looking for something more 'local' since this state is famous for furniture. I'm thinking a big showroom with lots of different brands. Also, I'm looking for something within 30 minutes of downtown Charlotte.

Sorry I wasn't clearer on my first post.

We checked out Furniture Outlet World today - about an hour drive for us. We liked that they had a big selection and the prices were great, we didn't like that they didn't provide delivery.

Any other ideas would be appreciated!
Well, it's not huge, but it is a local shop - try Tyndall Furniture on South Blvd in Pineville

Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,770,266 times
Furniture Factory Outlet World will provide numbers of local people who will deliver their furniture if you ask the people at the front desk. I also agree with the Ashley Furniture comment, we did the majority of our home using Ashley and have been very pleased

Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM

999 posts, read 4,637,083 times
My parents moved to Myrtle Beach SC a couple of years ago and bought all their furniture at Furnitureland South
www.funriturelandsouth.com
my parent's stuff is georgous, very high quality, and they say well priced. Their website (no prices) is very extensive. It appears to be a 90 min drive from Charlotte to get there. I had planned to go there to replace much of my furniture I currently have (many hand-me-downs etc) but now that we're moving to Charlotte we're waiting til we move there.

Joan

Old 03-18-2007, 05:47 PM

146 posts, read 636,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
My parents moved to Myrtle Beach SC a couple of years ago and bought all their furniture at Furnitureland South
my parent's stuff is georgous, very high quality, and they say well priced. Their website (no prices) is very extensive. It appears to be a 90 min drive from Charlotte to get there. I had planned to go there to replace much of my furniture I currently have (many hand-me-downs etc) but now that we're moving to Charlotte we're waiting til we move there.

Joan
Stopped by Furnitureland South in Feb 06 after buying a home in Union County. The wife and I saw a breakfast set that was real nice and fit our breakfast/sunroom nicely but came with a steep price. Returned to FurniturelandSouth this Feb, after doing some painting in the new digs. Sure enough we tracked down 'our' set in the main showroom and it was now clearance - half off! After buying the set we went over to the clearance showroom to look for some living room furniture. We found a comfy 3 piece sectional with a love seat recliner. If you visit, plan on spending a couple of hours, the store is huge.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:21 AM

295 posts, read 1,293,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
To anyone following this link - its a typo. No big deal, just try www.furniturelandsouth.com.

I was searching for furniture and stumbled on this thread from a few weeks ago. Feel free to add a few suggestions. My guess is that the "local" places should have better deals than national brands, but I'll defer to the locals for that advice.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 AM

295 posts, read 1,293,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
To anyone following this link - its a typo. No big deal, just try www.furniturelandsouth.com.

I was searching for furniture and stumbled on this thread from a few weeks ago. Feel free to add a few suggestions. My guess is that the "local" places should have better deals than national brands, but I'll defer to the locals for that advice.
OK, I also just noticed this store is outside of Greensboro. To anyone that has made the trip ... is it really worth it? Would a trip like that be better served to go to Hickory instead? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte