Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM

11 posts, read 29,083 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Charlotte area the weekend of Oct 26. I want to rent. I prefer to be in Harrisburg, but will consider branching out.

Schools are very important to me.

I have a budget of approximately $1200 a month for rent and would prefer to stay out of an apartment. Ideally, I would find a townhome. I have one medium sized, well-behaved dog (about 30 pounds). She stays in her kennel when we are out.

If you know anyone or could direct me anywhere, I would so appreciate it. I am lost, and a little frightened. This is a quick change of events for me and I have a young daughter that I would like to move with as little disruption as possible.

Thank you!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 PM

380 posts, read 1,757,232 times
Good luck. I know they don't have any apartments in Harrisburg. We looked. We had considered moving there too and my husband would have had to rent for a few months while we sell our house up north. But there are NO apartments there. We saw a house or two for rent though when we were looking. Search on line.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingSooon View Post
I am moving to the Charlotte area the weekend of Oct 26. I want to rent. I prefer to be in Harrisburg, but will consider branching out.

Schools are very important to me.

I have a budget of approximately $1200 a month for rent and would prefer to stay out of an apartment. Ideally, I would find a townhome. I have one medium sized, well-behaved dog (about 30 pounds). She stays in her kennel when we are out.

If you know anyone or could direct me anywhere, I would so appreciate it. I am lost, and a little frightened. This is a quick change of events for me and I have a young daughter that I would like to move with as little disruption as possible.

Thank you!!!!
I may have a lead, will check tomorrow and let you know

Old 10-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Thank you. I am also open to suggestions!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingSooon View Post
Thank you. I am also open to suggestions!
Haven't heard back yet - this is the home of a friend in Concord. He is currently between renters while he replaces carpeting and fixes a bathroom leak. It is a cute little 3 bedroom house. It is in a nice neighborhood right down the street from a good school. Rent would be $900 or so. Does this interest you?

Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Yes it does, thanks. School is very important. That price is perfect.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:11 AM

10 posts, read 41,955 times
Dear Lovesmountains and MovingSooon,

If you are not interested in this house, I would love to be able to look at it. I am in Texas and will be flying over next week to check things out and hopefully find a place to live. I will want to lease at first so I can check out the area and decide where we want to live. So....if anyone else knows of anything there, please let me know. It is for me and my invalid mother. No kids, two little dogs.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:23 AM

Go Cowboys. I am coming from Texas too!

Old 10-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhubenak View Post
Dear Lovesmountains and MovingSooon,

If you are not interested in this house, I would love to be able to look at it. I am in Texas and will be flying over next week to check things out and hopefully find a place to live. I will want to lease at first so I can check out the area and decide where we want to live. So....if anyone else knows of anything there, please let me know. It is for me and my invalid mother. No kids, two little dogs.
Will keep you posted if it doesn't work out for MovingSoon

Old 10-06-2007, 05:17 PM

63 posts, read 238,896 times
I have seen a house in Harrisburg in the Canterfield subdivision for rent. It is a great neighborhood and great schools. Not sure who the land lord is or anything but thought I would give you a heads up. I can go by there and get the phone number if you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte