U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 22,148,583 times

Advertisements

I recently had the privilege of meeting the most caring and loving vet I have ever met in my life! I drove over an hour to go to this vet. Sadly my parrot did not make it but this vet did everything in his power to try to save her. I did not know there were still people/vets like this in the world today. His name is Frank Rutowski DMV at the Animal Care Hospital of Mathews in Mathews NC. He has restored my faith in the human race!! He truely loves animals and cares.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:07 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,021,304 times
While I'm sorry to hear about your parrot, I'm so glad you found a good, caring vet.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:59 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,332,975 times
cynwldkat,
Sorry to hear about your parrot! It's always so hard to lose a furry/feathered member of the family.
Your great recommendation comes at a perfect time for us. We are looking to get a puppy very soon, and we haven't any idea what vet to use. I will definitely give them a call.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:15 PM

You won't be one bit sorry! No one could love a pet more then my husband and I did/do. This wonderful vet was so caring. He tried in every way possible to save my baby! He called me all the time. He even took her home with him to keep a close eye on her. He was an angel, a God send. He talked to me and never once thought about the time he was spending talking to me. He truely cared!! He is a rare find and I want to share this with others who love their pets the way we do!! He is gentle and truely a loving person.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM

33 posts, read 96,665 times
So sorry about losing your friend. The best bird/exotics vet is in Huntersville at Carolina Veterinary Specialsts - Dr. Lauren Powers. She is simply amazing and folks haul their birds from miles away to see her.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 AM

Yes, she is great and I did have to take my parrot to her because my vet in Mathews had to go out of town. I would not say either is better then the other to be honest. They are both great. The good thing about Carolina Vet. Spec. is that there is always someone there with the animals. But.....Frank Rutowski DMV was so caring and concerned that he took my parrot home with him the first few days. Each to his/her own. I applaud both Dr. Powers and Frank Rutowski DMV. I just felt it was more personal at the Mathews hospital. Could have not asked for more. It was at the Carolina Vet. Spec. that my parrot died---not their fault it just happened that way.
Both vets came highly recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or