Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:08 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times

Advertisements

Story just on the noon news is also in today's Charlotte Observer:

Sewer permits rejected in Union Co.

Demands too great, N.C. says; plans for 20 developments on hold
JULIA OLIVER
joliver@charlotteobserver.com

Warning that an overload at Union County's biggest sewer plant could cause health and environmental problems, the state on Thursday rejected sewer permits for more than 1,000 homes.

Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying everything here, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM

197 posts, read 735,934 times
thank god the state has the sense of mind that the County has not shown

Old 03-23-2007, 11:34 AM

293 posts, read 959,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmspeep View Post
thank god the state has the sense of mind that the County has not shown

I agree.....not that I wouldn't have loved to see the new shopping center in Wesley Chapel go up....but first things first.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 AM

22 posts, read 200,221 times
We recently signed a contract at marvin creek (Toll Brothers development) to build a house. Does this impact us in any way. Do the builders sell the lots after all the permits are approved or do they pursue those once the sale is complete ?? Where can I get this information ?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,087,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cltman View Post
We recently signed a contract at marvin creek (Toll Brothers development) to build a house. Does this impact us in any way. Do the builders sell the lots after all the permits are approved or do they pursue those once the sale is complete ?? Where can I get this information ?
From your builder?

SL

Old 03-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cltman View Post
Don't panic, I believe your house will be okay. If I read this info correctly it seems to be saying "new" developments which are looking for permits. I dont' think they could have sold anything that had not yet gotten its permits.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:32 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
hey Loves, they did say though 50 lots in cureton so Im assuming that those lots would have had to have gotten permits before they sold them???

eeesshhh does this mean the smell will never go away??? LOL.....I was really re-thinking cureton but now ummm I dont know....

Old 03-23-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
hey Loves, they did say though 50 lots in cureton so Im assuming that those lots would have had to have gotten permits before they sold them???

eeesshhh does this mean the smell will never go away??? LOL.....I was really re-thinking cureton but now ummm I dont know....
Yes, I believe that is correct. This will only delay them being able to sell the lots that aren't yet sold. So I take that to mean if someone has already got a contract at Cureton this does not affect them.

I really do think this is a good thing in the long run. I think Union county needs a chance to get things right with the infrastructure before any more developments are approved. Hopefully this will mean the problem with the oders will be improved too

Old 03-23-2007, 12:50 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,024,540 times
If I am reading this right it says sewer permits.

Sewer permits are granted for a phase of a development, not individual lots.

If it is a small development they would usually apply for the whole site at once, on a larger development theuy would do apply in phases.

Where it could slow down Cureton is the fact it is close to the plant and know to be a problem, the slow down for the roads is most sewers go under the road, so they cannot build the road until they get the sewer permit.

So I think what has been put on hold is 20 planned new developments or phases and not individual lots.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
If I am reading this right it says sewer permits.

Sewer permits are granted for a phase of a development, not individual lots.

If it is a small development they would usually apply for the whole site at once, on a larger development theuy would do apply in phases.

Where it could slow down Cureton is the fact it is close to the plant and know to be a problem, the slow down for the roads is most sewers go under the road, so they cannot build the road until they get the sewer permit.

So I think what has been put on hold is 20 planned new developments or phases and not individual lots.

Yes, I would agree with this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte