Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:36 AM

115 posts, read 562,656 times

Advertisements

Went to Basil Thai Restaurant last night with my wife on 5th/Church in Uptown. Pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Normally I am not a fan of Thai food, and going to Thai Taste on East Blvd once, made me realize why I don't like the food. However, I really enjoyed the food here. Great atmosphere for couples or groups. Even though it only opened on Monday, they didn't miss a beat and service was right on.

They have a restaurant in Charleston as well that gets rave reviews also. This place definately adds to the restaurant chocies in 4th ward and is perfect starting place for a night out. Check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 10:14 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Where is this place exactly? I've not heard of it. Is it new? Did it take the place of another resturant?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM

115 posts, read 562,656 times
It's at the bottom of the Avenue Building.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out. I remember when the Fuse Box was the only Thai place in Uptown. Now there's this place you visited, and there's also one to open in the EpiCentre soon.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,221 times
I ate there last week and the red curry duck was one of the best dishes I have ever had. Definitely the best oriental food in Charlotte.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
As a Thai food lover...I will check it out since it is only a few blocks from my house.

Gonna be hard to beat ole "Monsoon Thai' on South Blvd in SouthEnd across from Coca Cola...but will give it a try soon.

Is the restaurant opening in the Epicentre gonna be a Thai restaurant? Hate to admit it...but live Uptown and have never been to the Epicentre...drove past it many times...maybe we will walk over there one day.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Gonna be hard to beat ole "Monsoon Thai' on South Blvd in SouthEnd across from Coca Cola...but will give it a try soon.

Is the restaurant opening in the Epicentre gonna be a Thai restaurant? Hate to admit it...but live Uptown and have never been to the Epicentre...drove past it many times...maybe we will walk over there one day.
My favorite Thai place used to be The King and I on Central Ave. It closed a few years ago unfortunatley.

And yes, there is going to be a Thai place in the EpiCentre. Last I checked, it hadn't opened yet. But they have an opening soon sign up. And its not to be confused with another new place that has opened right beside it called IndoChine. I like IndoChine very much, its menu has a more vietnamese theme.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
My favorite Thai place used to be The King and I on Central Ave. It closed a few years ago unfortunatley.

And yes, there is going to be a Thai place in the EpiCentre. Last I checked, it hadn't opened yet. But they have an opening soon sign up. And its not to be confused with another new place that has opened right beside it called IndoChine. I like IndoChine very much, its menu has a more vietnamese theme.
There is an Indochine in Wilmington. Sad to say that I live Uptown and have never been to the Epicentre. Maybe one day. Nothing really there that has made me rush over there. I love Thai food. My favorite food then Chinese.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:45 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
I stopped by for lunch today and the food was fantastic. I had the freshest basil thai rolls for appetizer and red curry chicken for lunch. I enjoyed every bite and will be passing the word around the office to try it out.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM

523 posts, read 2,904,897 times
Yay! Thai food is my favorite but I have been left disappointed at every Thai restaurant that I've been to in the Charlotte area. I admit, though, that I'm picky about Thai food since I've been to Thailand and I've also had the pleasure of eating at many great Thai restaurants in Washington, DC and NYC. I hope this new restaurant is as good as everyone is saying it is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte