Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2007, 05:42 PM

116 posts, read 420,455 times

Advertisements

I have a question about this neighborhood, which I'm hearing is quite lively and interesting. What is the commercial part of this neighborhood like? Is it very spread out or is it fairly condensed and consolidated into a few blocks so that you can walk to all the shops and restaurants? And what kind of ethnic restaurants are available there? Any interesting and unusual shops? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,745,575 times
Check this out.

http://www.plazamidwood.org/index.html

Old 04-01-2007, 05:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
That is an excellent website!!! Great pics

Old 04-01-2007, 06:02 PM

905 posts, read 3,441,191 times
P-M Commercial district covers about 4 square blocks so it is very walkable. It is a very happening spot right now. Several new restarurants and bars are about to be up and running.

Some of the businesses you will find there are: Nova bakery, established by Bosnian immigrants after the Serbian war. Good stuff, they also have a coffee shop. 3 antique/retro stores. Pura Vida Worldly art, 2 tattoo parlors, Dairy Queen, Record shop, pawn/jewelery shop. Johns country kitchen, Carribbean restaurant, a salon & spa, Thomas street Tavern, bar food, Dish-hip atmosphere with home cooking, Boris and Natasha funky clothes for the ladies, The famous Penguin restaurant, Common Market deli and convenience store, a gallery, Hong Kong resale shop, there is an unsightly stirp mall with Chinese food which is pretty bad, nail shop Subway, phone store, a really good used book store, fish store(aquarium variety) and other stores, Nearby is Lulus French Cuisine, good but pricey, there is Creation, a minimalist asian restaurant featuring Thai, Malay, Chinese, etal. There is also an African art store, City Supply home furnishings, an Art Gallery, Diamond restaurant and old staple that serves a meat and 2 vegetables home cooking, Lotus high end womens clothing, a camer store and deli. Im sure there are plenty more but thats all I can think of at the moment.

New biz coming soon are Jackalope Jacks restaurant and bar, they will also have live music, going in at the old church on Pecan Ave, Snug Harbor an indie/rock club, a piano bar, a Tapas bar above Lotus.

The rumor is that the Harris Teeter will be razed and rebuilt? Not sure about that one, I heard that at the last neighborhood meeting someone said it will be delayed.

There are new condos about ready for occupancy on Central and a new development called Plaza View near Harris Teeter will begin soon as well.

The neighborhood website is www.plazamidwood.org

Old 04-01-2007, 07:12 PM

116 posts, read 420,455 times
Thanks for your response (and yours, too, Lovesmountains and Charlottean). I'm planning to be in Charlotte in a couple weeks and this is one of the areas I'm interested in checking out. It sounds cool, though I think I'll pass on the tatoo parlors. I'm mostly interested in the ethnic restaurants and music. I'm very glad to know there is Thai food there, but it would be nice if there were Indian as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
P-M Commercial district covers about 4 square blocks so it is very walkable. It is a very happening spot right now. Several new restarurants and bars are about to be up and running.

Some of the businesses you will find there are: Nova bakery, established by Bosnian immigrants after the Serbian war. Good stuff, they also have a coffee shop. 3 antique/retro stores. Pura Vida Worldly art, 2 tattoo parlors, Dairy Queen, Record shop, pawn/jewelery shop. Johns country kitchen, Carribbean restaurant, a salon & spa, Thomas street Tavern, bar food, Dish-hip atmosphere with home cooking, Boris and Natasha funky clothes for the ladies, The famous Penguin restaurant, Common Market deli and convenience store, a gallery, Hong Kong resale shop, there is an unsightly stirp mall with Chinese food which is pretty bad, nail shop Subway, phone store, a really good used book store, fish store(aquarium variety) and other stores, Nearby is Lulus French Cuisine, good but pricey, there is Creation, a minimalist asian restaurant featuring Thai, Malay, Chinese, etal. There is also an African art store, City Supply home furnishings, an Art Gallery, Diamond restaurant and old staple that serves a meat and 2 vegetables home cooking, Lotus high end womens clothing, a camer store and deli. Im sure there are plenty more but thats all I can think of at the moment.

New biz coming soon are Jackalope Jacks restaurant and bar, they will also have live music, going in at the old church on Pecan Ave, Snug Harbor an indie/rock club, a piano bar, a Tapas bar above Lotus.

The rumor is that the Harris Teeter will be razed and rebuilt? Not sure about that one, I heard that at the last neighborhood meeting someone said it will be delayed.

There are new condos about ready for occupancy on Central and a new development called Plaza View near Harris Teeter will begin soon as well.

The neighborhood website is www.plazamidwood.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte