Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:46 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
We spent a weekend recently at The Trump in Chicago...what a FABULOUS place it is. The service was amazing and the employees who we talked to could not say enough great things about working for the Trump Family.
Oh, I am envious! I have stayed at the Trump NYC and so want to stay in the CHI property - location is terrific. Just something about a beautifully appointed and well-run hotel that makes me feel the trip was fabulous!!! I mean - I can be attending the most boring of meetings, but if the hotel is wonderful . . . I feel like a Queen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM

571 posts, read 714,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I think some of Blabber's finer points are being missed.

I was in Orlando this past weekend, and was awed by their Convention Center, wh/ is truly awesome. Charlotte may attract 16 M visitors but Orlando attracts 50 M annually. If I were to choose a place to hold a large convention, would I opt for Charlotte in January or Orlando in January?
What would you opt for in July? I was in Orlando several years ago in the late spring and the heat and humidity there was more than I could bear. We would literally run from the car to indoors to get to the air conditioning. Maybe I've become a weather wimp living in San Diego where we don't have to deal with humidity or excessive heat. It's like springtime most of the year: never too hot and never too cold. But I honestly never remember the heat being anywhere near as bad in Charlotte as what we felt in Orlando. It could be pretty bad in Charlotte, but not like THAT. Maybe I could just handle the humidity better before I moved to San Diego, I don't know. But I have a feeling Orlando is way hotter than Charlotte. At least when it's cold you can put on a coat, but when it's hot like that, there's only so much you can take off before you're arrested. I'll take Charlotte.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:24 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I agree - Florida in July is NOT my cup of tea. But I wasn't talking about July. I was talking about January.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:14 AM

415 posts, read 1,209,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
you are correct he will be working with Lexington Brand Donald Trump coming to market - 2007-02-28 06:25:00 - Furniture Today (http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/CA6420036.html - broken link)
yeh and many other show rooms in the High Point downtown area

Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 AM

415 posts, read 1,209,777 times
yeh i read it online i think its a great thing for charlotte and really hope it happens im ready for trump himself to go out there and tell all the anxious charlotteteans that it is or isnt going to happen and it killin me to not know theres much contraversy about it happening then being put on hold then thier JUST looking im not sure can anybody please tell me a definiate answer!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte