Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbansal View Post
Actually not brilliant, just necessary, since he's declared bankruptcy so many times, banks will not lend him money. It's amazing really how everyone reveres this guy despite the fact that the vast majority of his projects have failed. I really hope he stays out of Charlotte, his Tampa project went bust don't want to see that happen here.
There is only a few problems with your statement.....lol

Trump did not own the possible building in Tampa....he also did not own all those other ones you say never got built. Those were just owners who paid Trump to use his name. Trump gave them no money at all!

The one in Charlotte is TRUMP AND Jr TRUMP. So is the one in Chicago. The others had nothing to do with Trump.

And yes, the banks will lend money to Trump. And this building could be huge for Charlotte. No matter how bad you hate Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Well let's hope I'm wrong, for the sake of the poor developer who's hooked up with him. He's never been able to prove he's a billionaire by the way, and he sues anyone who dares say he's not a billionaire so I won't say that lol. But would be nice he'd document it for us.

So why do you care if the Trump organization comes here or not? Plus, how would you know what CLT does or doesn't need since you have not been here but a short time.

Just curious as to why you seem to feel it is so important to bash this project.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-02-2008 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: edited within the compliance of the tos

Old 05-02-2008, 11:28 PM

127 posts, read 407,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
There is only a few problems with your statement.....lol

Trump did not own the possible building in Tampa....he also did not own all those other ones you say never got built. Those were just owners who paid Trump to use his name. Trump gave them no money at all!

The one in Charlotte is TRUMP AND Jr TRUMP. So is the one in Chicago. The others had nothing to do with Trump.

And yes, the banks will lend money to Trump. And this building could be huge for Charlotte. No matter how bad you hate Trump.
Well if you read my other posts you will see I acknowledged he didn't own it and that he does only lend his name to projects now. And no, banks do not lend him money, you don't think he'd rather own the project and make all the money, rather than just lending his name? He won't own the Charlotte project either...

No I don't hate Trump, just want him to be known for what he is, and that won't change, no matter how much you irrationally love him lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 PM

127 posts, read 407,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
So why do you care if the Trump organization comes here or not? Plus, how would you know what CLT does or doesn't need since you have not been here but a short time.

Just curious as to why you seem to feel it is so important to bash this project.
Well I never bashed the project, I just commented that I think that there is a strong chance that it won't ever get off the ground. The mere fact that he is even trying this in Charlotte shows his poor judgment, people in Charlotte are not going to pay the inflated prices he demands.

In any case I guess I've said my piece on Trump & this project, let's see what happens, I don't think I need to comment any further, the fanboys can worship him if they wish lol.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Well I never bashed the project, I just commented that I think that there is a strong chance that it won't ever get off the ground. The mere fact that he is even trying this in Charlotte shows his poor judgment, people in Charlotte are not going to pay the inflated prices he demands.

In any case I guess I've said my piece on Trump & this project, let's see what happens, I don't think I need to comment any further, the fanboys can worship him if they wish lol.
I don't think people who have responded positively to the project are necessarily "fans" of Trump. We have just seen other projects that his organization has done and they have been interesting architecturally and have high rental capacity and use. We would like to see CLT's skyline expand and quality new structures and it appears that is what the Trump organization is interested in doing.

I was here when the BofA building was first proposed (If I remember correctly - it was Nation's Bank back then, LOL) and we were all very excited about that project, wh indeed turned out to be a really nice piece of real estate and a beautiful addition to the skyline. I guess some of us are very encouraged to see such development - as long as it is well-planned and meeting needs for uptown development, regardless of who the developer might be.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,299,122 times
Does anyone know if the Trump Towers are in fact coming to Charlotte? You think if we got a petition in Charlotte to bring it here that might work? Just curious cuz I would really like to see the skyline expand and rival Atlanta.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:35 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Does anyone know if the Trump Towers are in fact coming to Charlotte? You think if we got a petition in Charlotte to bring it here that might work? Just curious cuz I would really like to see the skyline expand and rival Atlanta.

Huh??

maybetheressomethinginthewater?:>oritstooearlyfo rmypeabrain?:>formetounderstandwhatthispostisall about.

Attribution: The Enlightment

Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
I believe that Trump bought the property on Tryon and Stonewall. Last I heard was that everything was on hold. The plans were originated by Trump's kids. They have friends that moved from NY to Charlotte and wanted to establish a connection here. I suppose we can expect more information as the economy turns around.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,738,525 times
I just moved from Chicago where Trump's new building is nearing completion. When I first heard about the Chicago project I was truly horrified, I am not a huge fan of his and the building was going in a very prominent spot. However, last I saw the building was quite beautiful and (at least on the outside) understated and attractive. (Of course for all I know they have since covered the whole thing in gold and glitter, lol).

I hope if this project pans out he does as well here as he did back in Chicago. I would be curious to see what style he would build. I hope that it would complement the existing buildings. Although obviously the downtown area here is much smaller than what I am used to, I am always stunned when I drive by at the gorgeous architecture Charlotte has. I don't know the names of the buildings, but the 2 tallest ones are SO beautiful.... the one has these decorations that remind me of a modern interpretation of gargoyles (they are triangle-shaped things), I kept thinking the buildings here are like really amazing modern interpretations of some of the very old buildings back in Chicago, it is very refreshing and different. (oops, sorry for being off topic!)

Old 11-20-2008, 05:47 PM

236 posts, read 695,309 times
The Charlotte skyline will never ever rival Atlanta.. Two very different cities of very different sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte