Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 PM

51 posts, read 154,277 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have been stalking the threads here for months. I will be relocating to Charlotte area next year to be closer to my family. I have decided to relocate to Concord/Harrisburg area -possibly Huntersville. Of course I want the same things everyone else is looking for good schools, safe area, friendly community, etc.

I am planning on a trip in May. Which subdivisions should I consider? Max price is $200K. I plan to look at the following:
Highland Creek, Moss Creek, Glen Grove, Rocky River Crossing and Canterfield.

Any Comments on these communities?
What other subdivisions should I consider? Homes between 3-10 yrs ok also?
Commuting is not an issue - I telecommute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:07 PM

316 posts, read 390,301 times
Macaulay and Birkdale have some in that price range

Old 01-26-2008, 03:42 PM

99 posts, read 284,917 times
Glen Grove and Rocky River Crossing will be more than 200k

Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,280,003 times
In Huntersville I would stick with to the left side of Interstate 77 due to you will be near lots of shopping and restaurants and numerous of backroads in case I77 is bogged down in traffic and turning right off 77 during rush hour is a big mess.

I would suggest Cedarfield in Huntersville community pool, swim team, greenway, sidewalk streets, playground, baby coop, community events such as movies on the green, holiday events and summer pool party Cedarfield Plantation
It is an established neighborhood with wooded backyards.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:28 PM

252 posts, read 875,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saneely View Post
Ok, I have been stalking the threads here for months. I will be relocating to Charlotte area next year to be closer to my family. I have decided to relocate to Concord/Harrisburg area -possibly Huntersville. Of course I want the same things everyone else is looking for good schools, safe area, friendly community, etc.

I am planning on a trip in May. Which subdivisions should I consider? Max price is $200K. I plan to look at the following:

None of the subdivision you mentioned are in Huntersville. Highland Creek is in Charlotte (Mecklenburg county) and in Concord (Cabarrus county), depending on which section you are in. IN the 200k range you will be in the Charlotte side. Glen Grove are all over 200k. There may be a few in Rocky River Crossing in the older section right at 200k. Canterfield??? Lets just say you should really investigate. Some very nice communities in Cabarrus county between Harrisburg & Concord. There are really to many to list. Go to Realtor.com and plug in zip 28075. That should get you started

Old 01-26-2008, 06:36 PM

252 posts, read 875,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saneely View Post

Only parts of Highland Creek are in Concord. The homes in the 200k range are in the Charlotte section(Mecklenburg Ciounty) Glen Grove is definately over 200k. You may be able to find a few in Rocky River Crossing (A great established community in Harrisburg) Check out the Cabarrus County Schools they score pretty high. Canterfield??? I would really investigate first. There are several good communities in Harrisburg. Just go to Realtor.com and plug in zip 28075. That should get you started.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:16 PM

355 posts, read 988,091 times
Monteith park (huntersville)

Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 AM

51 posts, read 154,277 times
Thanks for your suggestions. However, when I put in this area code 28075, 90% of the listings are in the Canterfield and Canterfield Estates subdivision. Can you tell me what specifically wrong with Canterfield?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM

450 posts, read 2,313,430 times
I highly recommend Cabarrus County- can't recommend specific communities as it's been a long time since I've kept up with home prices but in the $200k range you can find something decent.

I miss Cabarrus County. I'd recommend looking around Harrisburg at some of the communities around off Hwy 49. I love that area. Rocky River Rd etc..hopefully someone can name some specific communities- if I was still living in the area I'd do some driving and make some specific recs. Some of the newer developments in this area are higher than $200k though, closer to $250k-300k.

We lived in the Central Cabarrus High School area further north off Hwy 49 and liked it, but you have to be a bit watchful about some of the communities that border yours. Wouldn't be as much of a problem in the $200k range as it was in our neighborhood which was older (10-15 years) established starter homes in the $125-160k range. I was happy there.

You also might want to check out the developing Poplar Tent Road area (off I-85)...there were a few communities off Hwy 73, which is off 85 as well that you might like, sorry I can't remember names..what makes it harder to recommend areas besides me not be current on the prices is just that there are so many areas that we looked at when we were hunting that had communities of homes that we would have liked. They are in quite a few different areas and I would have been happy in each of the areas because I enjoyed Cabarrus County. But in a nutshell I would recommend checking out from Harrisburg, off Hwy 49. And you can find things *around* Concord Mills that aren't too close to the hubbub, hopefully someone else can give you specific recs...I loved the Concord Mills area but would have wanted to be very careful to be around the perimeter and out of the direct congestion. There are lots of good communities in all directions that will have you 10-15 minutes and convenient to Concord Mills and still able to avoid the race traffic.

I hope this was a bit clearer than mud... I really enjoyed Cabarrus County as I keep repeating. Huntersville is nice too but it's gotten so congested so quickly off 73.. and I-77 sometimes has issues etc.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 AM

95 posts, read 296,002 times
Default Cornelius

We live in Cornelius and my husband and I just Love it - My son likes it but not the traffic, and too many people. We don't work though! But I still like the idea of all the shopping around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte