U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-30-2007, 06:23 AM
 
478 posts, read 1,962,902 times
Reputation: 104

Advertisements

We are reading many negative reviews from (former) residents in Birkdale Village. Website looks lovely, without a doubt, but these comments (noise, rude and lazy staff, thin walls, shoddy building) are concerning.

Is it regarded as a dodgy place to live but wonderful for shopping and restaurants? Or?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 AM
 
Location: Cornelius
2,314 posts, read 2,427,466 times
Reputation: 287
No IMO its highly desirable to live in the houses. Are you referring to apt living?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 07:04 AM
 
478 posts, read 1,962,902 times
Reputation: 104
Yes, sorry, only referring to apartment living. The 'one to three bedroom luxury apartments' the website references.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Concord, NC
189 posts, read 548,021 times
Reputation: 68
I have many friends who live in Apt's (not Birkdale, but around the USA) and for the most part walls are thin. Good neighbors help, but I think hearing your neighbors is pretty common for condo or apartment living especially if they are loud to begin with.

Birkdale is a beautiful place though.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 AM
 
17 posts, read 57,438 times
Reputation: 10
I visited the area a few weeks ago hoping to move there. I was disappointed with how close the homes were together. The homes look nice but very confined. The traffic was a nightmare in the area. I also did not like the garage and alley ways behind the the homes. I found it very difficult to navigate through SUV's and pickup trucks in my Z3. I could not image trying to park there daily. The play ground area for the kids also seemed very small. I visited one of my college friends that lives several houses back from the movie theatre. They hate the traffic and not being able to ride bikes or roller blade through the community. They said it's a nice place to visit but not to live. They are looking to move very soon.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Cornelius
2,314 posts, read 2,427,466 times
Reputation: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwardbnd View Post
I visited the area a few weeks ago hoping to move there. I was disappointed with how close the homes were together. The homes look nice but very confined. The traffic was a nightmare in the area. I also did not like the garage and alley ways behind the the homes. I found it very difficult to navigate through SUV's and pickup trucks in my Z3. I could not image trying to park there daily. The play ground area for the kids also seemed very small. I visited one of my college friends that lives several houses back from the movie theatre. They hate the traffic and not being able to ride bikes or roller blade through the community. They said it's a nice place to visit but not to live. They are looking to move very soon.

Well not sure if its just me but when I talk about Birkdale for living I mean on the other side of Sam Furr where the golf course is.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, home of the NY/NJ refugees
1,384 posts, read 1,639,184 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Well not sure if its just me but when I talk about Birkdale for living I mean on the other side of Sam Furr where the golf course is.
YES! (Pet peeve of mine, glad you posted that!)

Birkdale = large homes on the golf course
Birkdale Village = other side of the street.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 14,265,975 times
Reputation: 811
You can't have everything, If I had the money I'd live in the apartments or the houses. I just can't seem to justify paying that HOA fee.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
 
21 posts, read 89,753 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
You can't have everything, If I had the money I'd live in the apartments or the houses. I just can't seem to justify paying that HOA fee.
Especially when the HOA's services are lousy and you're not allowed to fix their mistakes.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2007, 09:32 PM
 
9 posts, read 42,206 times
Reputation: 14
FWIW, I visited Birkdale Village's leasing office several months ago when I was in Charlotte.

The staff is simply rude and could care less about you... that was the impression I got anyway. They did whatever they could to just get me to leave without having to spend any time. I guess they just don't have any problem renting those places out and can afford to act this way.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top