Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 06:41 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times

Advertisements

Part of learning our culture is to learn to laugh. I was not making fun of you...rather the statement that "Charlotte is overrun with a crime problem." It gets annoying to see people fall for such ignorant statements.

But on that note, bring lots of water since Charlotte has turned into a forbidden desert...and a shotgun too to fend off the highway people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 12:47 AM

30 posts, read 95,119 times
each coutry people got their own cultural. Eg: in Singapore, people like to use wording "Kindly pass me the book in the table", however in British, we cannot use word of "kindly" because this is mean very rude.

At least, I try to learn and understand what American like and dislike (talking,writing and behaviour). I wil try to avoid to do what peple dislike. Eg, in Thailand, Thai people dislike we use finger tip to point them. But i think point people by finger tips is normal in another countries.

This is the way how to accomodate to another contries life....

Old 04-20-2009, 12:48 AM

30 posts, read 95,119 times
We are considering staying in uptown area....our rent range is USD1500-2000. 2 bedroom..

Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM

You'll get something for that price range. Probably nearly anywhere in the city/county for that range and small size.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,895,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedydidi View Post
Nations Ford is a sketchy part of town. A car is a must-have in Charlotte.

I know people like to joke on these boards, but I was a victim of crime in Charlotte more than any other place I've lived. I don't find it funny.

When you're alone with your three children at 3 in the morning and someone is breaking into your house, you'd like the police to get there in less than 25 minutes.
It is funny that I have never been a victim nor has anyone that I know been a victim of a violent crime. You must live in a horrid part of town. I would guess that you are the exception to the rule. I accidently set off my burglar alarm one night by accident and the cops were here within five minutes.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
It is funny that I have never been a victim nor has anyone that I know been a victim of a violent crime. You must live in a horrid part of town. I would guess that you are the exception to the rule. I accidently set off my burglar alarm one night by accident and the cops were here within five minutes.
She hasn't lived in Charlotte in almost a year I believe. She did live out in southwest Charlotte a ways, so I can see how it might have taken police a while to respond when she called them. Though I think now they are striving for responses within 10 minutes of every emergency call.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,864,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She hasn't lived in Charlotte in almost a year I believe. She did live out in southwest Charlotte a ways, so I can see how it might have taken police a while to respond when she called them. Though I think now they are striving for responses within 10 minutes of every emergency call.
When I called because strange folks were hauling refrigerators,etc out of the vacant house across the street, there were 5 police cars there in well under 10 minutes. Frankly, it was a very pleasant surprise!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
Part of learning our culture is to learn to laugh. I was not making fun of you...rather the statement that "Charlotte is overrun with a crime problem." It gets annoying to see people fall for such ignorant statements.

But on that note, bring lots of water since Charlotte has turned into a forbidden desert...and a shotgun too to fend off the highway people.
I think I saw someone driving a Cadillac with chandaliers on their hood. Said something about being "The Duke of Charlotte. A Number One." or something of that nature...

Old 04-20-2009, 01:42 PM

I saw that guy too...but it said something about 22's on the side of the car...not a-number-one.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,783 times
where would I start to looking in Charlotte for housing 6 to six children need a good school district diverse area 4 bed room home for rent church baptist public transportation moving from Cleveland is there any one that could give good resource thanks from Ohio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: