Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,655,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
Good Points John...However, our home has been on the market for 17 months and we are priced WELL below where we should be. I want to sell because we are paying on a lot as well. However, we do not HAVE to sell so I am not going to give my home away and will sit tight and wait for a qualified buyer. There are just WAY too many homes on the market and it is tough competing w/ new construction and foreclosures. Unless in dire straits, I hope that people don't just DROP the price to sell quick because that doesn't help anyone in the long run.
Robin, if your home is on the market for 17 months then you have no urgency to move obviously.

Your home is overpriced no matter how great you think your realtor is or how low you think its priced.

99.9% of people unfortunately are too emotionally tied to their home and cannot objectively price their home correctly. They think its worth more than it really is.

You have several choices:

1. Keep wasting your time and your realtors time and keep it on the market at the same price.

2. Take it off the market and wait it out for a couple of years.

3. Get serious (if you seriously want to sell) and have a realtor who will tell it too you straight and let them set the range to where you'll get a qualified buyer. There is no such thing as 'Giving it away" as you state. The market will tell you what your house is worth, not a penny more and not a penny less.

I understand you are afraid that you'll be sick to find out what your house is really worth, but are you serious about moving or not? If your not, then don't be surprised if it sits for another 17 months....

my blunt honest .02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,623,921 times
Staging, paint choices, finish choices can make or break a sale. Robin, is your house freshly painted in neutral colors? Have you packed up and stored off-site all personal items (photos, mementos, etc.) and excess furniture? If so, it would be worth the fee to get a staging expert or feng shui person in to make suggestions. I thought my house was staged right until the feng shui lady re-arranged it and I could see how much better it was her way! It still didn't sell last year but the consistent comments were it's a beautiful house but (1) I want all bedrooms on the same floor (from families with young kids) and (2) I don't like the commercial across the back alley. Since I couldn't do anything about either of those criticisms and I am in no hurry to move, I took it off the market and may try again next year.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 PM

494 posts, read 1,343,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Staging, paint choices, finish choices can make or break a sale. Robin, is your house freshly painted in neutral colors? Have you packed up and stored off-site all personal items (photos, mementos, etc.) and excess furniture? If so, it would be worth the fee to get a staging expert or feng shui person in to make suggestions. I thought my house was staged right until the feng shui lady re-arranged it and I could see how much better it was her way! It still didn't sell last year but the consistent comments were it's a beautiful house but (1) I want all bedrooms on the same floor (from families with young kids) and (2) I don't like the commercial across the back alley. Since I couldn't do anything about either of those criticisms and I am in no hurry to move, I took it off the market and may try again next year.

Good luck!
Here is my home...take a peek:

Property Pictures

Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,370,072 times
Quote:

Property Pictures
Robin, it's a lovely home

May I ask a few questions? Is this in Charlotte? What year was the home built?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,146,032 times
ROBIN: your home is beautiful! Immaculate! Great fixtures, colors and I love the plantation shutters . . .

The only thing I could suggest would be more landscaping in the back (foundation plantings).

Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Robin, it's a lovely home

May I ask a few questions? Is this in Charlotte? What year was the home built?

No...we are in Marvin/Waxhaw...Union County. We are priced right now at 649900.

OOOPS...House was built by Conger Builders in 2004.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,370,072 times
Quote:
No...we are in Marvin/Waxhaw...Union County. We are priced right now at 649900.
And you paid how much?

Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROBIN: your home is beautiful! Immaculate! Great fixtures, colors and I love the plantation shutters . . .

The only thing I could suggest would be more landscaping in the back (foundation plantings).

Just two weeks ago we put in more landscaping...lots of leland cypress around the sides as well as more flowers. Figured if not for them...for us. ;-)

Old 05-08-2009, 02:01 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,507,409 times
Quote:

Property Pictures
Beautiful.

(Just a note, the MLS number is in the corner of the picture.)

Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,146,032 times
Quote:
Just two weeks ago we put in more landscaping...lots of leland cypress around the sides as well as more flowers. Figured if not for them...for us. ;-)
See - you already had figured out that would add some interest! Great idea!

Well, your home is beautiful and in move-in condition. I am not familiar enuff w/ comps for your area to comment on price. I just know that if I were in the market and my realtor took me there, I would be very impressed w/ your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte