Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM

494 posts, read 1,345,826 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone...I really do appreciate everyones input! I'll keep you all posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,530,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
Thanks everyone...I really do appreciate everyones input! I'll keep you all posted!
Robin, this is one time I'm going to have to agree with CouponJack (pick your mouth up off the floor Jack!)...17 months and no sale means the price is just not right.

I don't care what your realtor is telling you - you bought an overinflated home at the height of builders scamming everyone. Your home IS beautiful, and I know you and your neighbors are trying to hold on to the value you thought you'd have, but the truth is, in today's market your home is still overpriced. This is one of those neighborhoods where a correction is going to happen, like it or not. I am not expert, but I'm predicting you'll need to get it into the $500's before you see a single offer. It's worth at most about $580,000 right now - and I am soooo sorry to tell you that. Though you could luck up with an out of town buyer who finds your price "cheap" and pays what your asking, and for your sake I really hope that happens!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,685,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Robin, this is one time I'm going to have to agree with CouponJack (pick your mouth up off the floor Jack!)...17 months and no sale means the price is just not right.

!
LOL, we agree more than what you make it out to be..... If its not a conversation about real estate, we're good....

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM

92 posts, read 273,453 times
Well I would definitely stay in a home like that, it's bootiful
I think you need more photos of the backyard aspect, the bathroom/s, front hall, staircase, full kitchen picture, side of the house, all those things. But as I say I'd stay put if I were you.
Also look at what is 630-670k in your area and decide if you'd rather see that if you were a buyer

Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,530,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

I don't care what your realtor is telling you - you bought an overinflated home at the height of builders scamming everyone. Your home IS beautiful, and I know you and your neighbors are trying to hold on to the value you thought you'd have, but the truth is, in today's market your home is still overpriced. This is one of those neighborhoods where a correction is going to happen, like it or not. I am not expert, but I'm predicting you'll need to get it into the $500's before you see a single offer. It's worth at most about $580,000 right now - and I am soooo sorry to tell you that. Though you could luck up with an out of town buyer who finds your price "cheap" and pays what your asking, and for your sake I really hope that happens!
ITA, I live very close to her, in a similar type home and the $500s is where I would expect the price to be and we looked at A LOT of houses in your/our area.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,530,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
ITA, I live very close to her, in a similar type home and the $500s is where I would expect the price to be and we looked at A LOT of houses in your/our area.
Thank you for confirming what I believe to be true - this home will not sell in the the range she is in right now for several more years.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:34 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,670,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
LOL, we agree more than what you make it out to be..... If its not a conversation about real estate, we're good....
Hey what about me? I agreeded with you at 6:30 this morning!( Must have drunk a lot last nite.
je

Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,294,960 times
I am surfing right now, trying to get a grip on comps . . . and I am seeing a lot of homes that are similar as far as size and layout . . . and they are under $600,000. The problem is . . . if the buyer sees something comparable (even if it lacks some of the details of a higher priced property) the inclination is to think - do I see $70,000 worth of differences? That is where sales go to the lower priced property as opposed to the higher priced home.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:20 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,186,557 times
I agree with the comments above in that house prices are coming down a lot. It's not as much because people don't like these homes, but more because the number of people who can afford a mortgage in the $500,000 range has dropped considerably. Banks are being forced back to traditional style loans with much stiffer qualification requirements. It has removed a lot of potential buyers who probably should not have been signing up for a house in this price range anyway.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:37 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,685,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
Here is my home...take a peek:

Property Pictures
Robin, vn home...seriously...

couple criticisms though...

Can you do something about the lighting for the picture in the morning room? Its very dark and the candleabra bulbs are not cutting it in terms of lighting. The picture almost gives it like a "cave" type atmosphere....lighting is EXTREMELY important.

Also, I see these pics weren't taken w/a wide angle lens. Very good to have them taken with one.....it gives the impression of a much larger picture...I don't need to just see the "tub" blech, I need to see the beautiful bathroom...get it?

Some on here might say I'm nitpicking, however in today's market you need to be PERFECT to stand out......this will help you...

I can't comment on the price until I check comps but that takes alot of time right now....I would concur that 600k is a pipe dream though considering when, where, and how much you bought it for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte