Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:40 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
I totally disagree about this bloodsucking mentality that buyers supposedly have. Buyers don't know what a fair price for a home is since prices went out of control for so many years. The comps are all over the place for the same subdivisions and homes are listed for very different prices even though they are the same.

I see homes listed for 140 thousand dollars more than the other listings and sold comps. These houses are the same. Similar square footage and same type of upgrades (or lack of them).

Some of these people have owned their homes for 10-30 years. No one is bloodsucking from these people.

People want their homes to magically exponentially increase in price and for new buyers to magically get the money from somewhere. Newsflash, this isn't possible! Money doesn't come from magic, there's a strategic method to where money comes from and how our money supply grows and decreases.
I often times don't agree with what you post BUT this one made up for all the rest I didn't agree with.
100% on and the way I run my life and my business.
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM

314 posts, read 486,386 times
Robin,

If I could give you my humble advice on your house that is for sale.Try and look at what the other houses in your neighborhood are selling for per square foot. Right now, you have your house listed at $150/per square foot.
I know the houses that have sold or are currently under contract in Providence Downs South are in the range of $98-117/ per square foot. Granted a lot of them have been foreclosures and short sales, but unfortunately they are bringing everyone's values down.
The other houses in Providence Downs that have sold that you have mentioned in your posts may have been bigger in size and that is why they sold for a higher price than your list price.

For example, this house in Providence Downs is " a short sale " ( see link below ) It has close to 6000 square feet and is listed for $620,000. That puts it at $103/per square foot. Today's buyers will have a hard time paying such a premium for a "regular" sale when they can get these short sales and foreclosures for a lot less. Even at that price, they still are having a hard time selling it.

http://www.homes.com/listing/87924243/WAXHAW_NC_28173

In today's market, you have to break it done to cost per square footage of RECENT comps.

Hope that helps, and you have a very nice house

Last edited by mmoorecharlotte; 06-14-2009 at 05:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte