Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 PM

19 posts, read 43,080 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Wanted to see if anyone in Huntersville/LKN has ATT cell phone service? We currently have Alltel and love it! No dropped calls. However, they are merging with Verizon and are very vague as to what it means. My contract expires in July. I am thinking about getting an IPhone, but that requires ATT. We had Cingular before Alltel and HATED them. I dropped calls daily.

Any opinions out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM

140 posts, read 323,066 times
I feel you, I've been on the same boat for some time having Verizon but wanting to get the iphone. Unfortunately ATT sucks big time, drop calls left and right.
I've got friends that love the iphone though despite the fact they will get drop calls or no coverage in some areas, forget about elevators or even bars. If you need it for business it's a 100% no go but if you won't find a few drop calls then go for it. In my case I will wait once Verizon gets the iphone probably next year, plus it'll probably be a better version by then.
If you love Alltel, I'd say stay with them. I love Verizon, best customer service by any cell carrier I've had hands down.

PS: word of caution: Never get Sprint, worst customer service in the planet!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:22 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
I'll second much of what the Chef says!

Sprint... great coverage, resolving a customer service issue feels like trying to move heaven and earth.

I switched to ATT for the iPhone a couple years back and all I'll say is thank goodness I have a work cell... love the phone, HATE(x10) the network and coverage in Charlotte.

Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
I can count on one hand the number of times I have dropped a call in the past two years on AT&T.
Just another data point.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:50 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,336,962 times
Check the coverage map and what it says for your area. We are supposed to have good but not the best coverage at my house and it is unfortunately not great.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:59 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
I've had Sprint for 9 years & never had any problems with their customer service. No dropped calls either.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:26 PM

38 posts, read 225,520 times
I have AT&T and have great service everywhere (I travel between charlotte and durham), have no dropped calls and the 3g network is really fast.

Customer service is excellent in my opinion. A phone case I bought a few months ago broke recently and I went to the att store at epicenter to get another one but the rep asked me if I owned it for less than a year and replaced it at no cost to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte