Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:10 PM

673 posts, read 2,680,367 times

Advertisements

We had a house to sell in FL, but our new house here was ready before we sold. We closed on the house in NC, my husband found a job, and he moved here, leaving me and the kids behind in FL. We got lucky. I sold the house shortly after that, and the rest of us were here 6 weeks later. We have been here for 2 weeks now! It was tough being apart, but it was worth it for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 AM

45 posts, read 206,808 times
My husband and I are planning on moving down in shifts. It is almost impossible for most families to move all at once. Dh is looking for a job in Charlotte and when he finds one he will move down and stay with a friend. I will move down with our daughter once I sell our current home. Is it going to be hard on us? I am sure at times but it is ALWAYS a good idea to know the area before moving. And, since I am the Southerner and he gets to live in the nice weather and I stay in the North and freeze. But, you would not want to buy a home and then find out that your house is near a landfill or in a bad area. Or anything that you do not desire. Maybe if you got together ALL of the information you would need to move: Apt location (safe, nice area) and anything else to show that you will be fine and he will be fine and it is for the best. You do have a lifetime together and a few weeks or months in nothing.

Reassure your hubby that it is not worth fighting now since you will be leaving soon to find a new home

Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,506 times
We just did it. We moved my wife down about 6 weeks before myself. I stayed up in Connecticut to finish out my job and close on our house then moved down. So far so good.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:45 AM
BNY

49 posts, read 192,330 times
We moved here together last February, but then the 2 months I was expecting to travel back to California for work turned into a year. 3 weeks out of the month, 4 days (including travel) a week I was gone. Racked up lots of flyer miles and hotel points, all paid for by the job. The good thing is we won't be paying for flights out there to visit family. But I'm definitely glad to be settled!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte