Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,282 times

Advertisements

I am a real estate investor in Denver, Colorado. The market in Denver is iffy so I am looking elsewhere. I heard South Charlotte and the north part of SC (like the Clover area) have some good investment opportunities. I am interested in single family homes in an area with growth potentials and good schools. Can anyone recommend a realtor who has great knowledge of such areas, experienced in working with investors and can find good deals? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,221,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcreek716 View Post
I am a real estate investor in Denver, Colorado. The market in Denver is iffy so I am looking elsewhere. I heard South Charlotte and the north part of SC (like the Clover area) have some good investment opportunities. I am interested in single family homes in an area with growth potentials and good schools. Can anyone recommend a realtor who has great knowledge of such areas, experienced in working with investors and can find good deals? Thanks in advance!
Clover is a very nice area...and I do think it is a good choice (not sure what your price range is though). Your money will go a little farther than say Fort Mill, SC. Clover is rather spread out..but I see the highest percentage of new growth closest to the lake (Lake Wylie). I highly recommend the realtor we used...Pam Orsburn w/Allen Tate (we happen to live in Tega Cay, SC). I have also given her name out to others and they have all been very pleased with her as well (in fact a couple of people are right on this site).

Best of luck with your search!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:50 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,174,781 times
Quote:
Depending on what you want to spend, south Charlotte homes under about $300K in good condition are selling very quickly -- often in less than a week. You may have better luck in SC, or with a south Charlotte home that may have more undesireable qualities (i.e., on a main road or in need of some work).

Old 06-09-2007, 07:27 AM

3 posts, read 6,914 times
Depends on what you're looking for and how high up you're willing to go. If you're looking above $1.2M, I have someone you can contact. PM me.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,708 times
I have a 47 building lots in Southwest Charlotte (steele creek area). I'm looking for an investor that will take out the bank. Great return. Need about 1.5 million. Great opportunity

Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,579,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy#7 View Post
I have a 47 building lots in Southwest Charlotte (steele creek area). I'm looking for an investor that will take out the bank. Great return. Need about 1.5 million. Great opportunity
Good luck.

I think many of us would like to find that same investor.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,033,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy#7 View Post
What size lots and whats the road access?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,708 times
Default Lot size

Lot size 70x100

project is off 160 south towards south carolina

Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM

622 posts, read 1,784,699 times
Quote:
Please give us more information on the type and price range of the investment properties you are looking for. Are you looking to hold the property for future resale, or doing a rehab and turning the property over? Realtors specializing in investment properties and investors come in many flavors. In my office we have realtors working with investors under 100K and others in the very high six figures. With a more specific explanation on the type of properties and your long, or short term goals, it will give us an idea as to the appropriate referral.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:36 PM

467 posts, read 1,498,556 times
99% of real estate agents are clueless about investment strategies in real estate. All they know is how to show and list a house, and tell you about the area and schools.... oh wait, they aren't allowed to even do that now

You should consider getting to know some real estate wholesalers that can pass some deals on to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte