Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times

Advertisements

So we are doing some updating to our lakefront investment condo in Cornelius and one of the areas we are focusing on is the kitchen. The cabinets in there right now are currently wood (oak) with a light stain. We want to strip the cabinets down and repaint them a clean white color OR possible restain them to freshen them up.

We are also looking at some inexpensive granite options for the counter tops. There is a TON of counter space, so I think I could get away with one large slab of granite.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some inexpensive granite people and a reputable kitchen cabinet resurfacer?

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,766,427 times
Home Depot has a special right now on both the countertops and cabinet resurfacing. They are also running zero interest financing along with it.

I bought my countertops through them and could not be any happier.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:06 PM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Also try Southern Comfort Kitchen and Baths in Charlotte, he has good granite prices.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM

much appreciated to both of you, thanks!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:14 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Maintenance?

Isn't there maintenance with granite? I believe there is and if you're looking at it for one of your investments, you might want to consider something else?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
Isn't there maintenance with granite? I believe there is and if you're looking at it for one of your investments, you might want to consider something else?
other than sealing it every year, there is no maintenance. We've had granite in all our houses and we didnt even have em sealed yearly and no probs...

Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 AM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Agreed! No better surface than granite! I've never sealed the granite counters in various homes I've had either. The stuff is, well, rock solid. U can put a hot pot directly on it, cut right on it (tho you risk wrecking your knives), etc. Worth every penny, and your rentors won't be able to destroy it like laminate.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
So we are doing some updating to our lakefront investment condo in Cornelius and one of the areas we are focusing on is the kitchen. The cabinets in there right now are currently wood (oak) with a light stain. We want to strip the cabinets down and repaint them a clean white color OR possible restain them to freshen them up.

We are also looking at some inexpensive granite options for the counter tops. There is a TON of counter space, so I think I could get away with one large slab of granite.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some inexpensive granite people and a reputable kitchen cabinet resurfacer?

Any help would be appreciated!
EDIT: There is NOT a TON of counter space, LOL, I just noticed that...

Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 8,800 times
I went to the home show a couple years ago and there were two companies in N. Oregon that would strip the oak cabinets and restain it to a different color with several choices. I saw a kitchen they did stain the island black and the rest of the cabinets were are rich color and it looked great! I am trying to find them now two or 3 years later to get a bid but no luck yet. They said they take all the drawers and doors into their shop but did the boxes in the kitchen.
Debbie in Tualatin
503 692-7080

Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,679,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveinoregon View Post
I went to the home show a couple years ago and there were two companies in N. Oregon that would strip the oak cabinets and restain it to a different color with several choices. I saw a kitchen they did stain the island black and the rest of the cabinets were are rich color and it looked great! I am trying to find them now two or 3 years later to get a bid but no luck yet. They said they take all the drawers and doors into their shop but did the boxes in the kitchen.
Debbie in Tualatin
503 692-7080
This is the Charlotte forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte