Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,916 times

Advertisements

Hello,

About six months ago, my boyfriend moved to the Raleigh area for a new job and we have been meeting in Charlotte every three weeks since I am still in Atlanta. Constant hotel reservations are starting to put a strain on our finances and we are thinking about finding a tent campsite with showers for a cheaper alternative. Every campsite I find has strict restrictions on alcoholic beverages. I totally understand and respect these rules however I still want to be able to quietly and responsibly enjoy a few beers around the campfire. Does anyone know of any privately owned, safe campgrounds providing showers and allowing alcohol consumption? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
Do KOA campgrounds let you have alcohol? If so, there are one or two between Charlotte and Statesville on I-77.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croden404 View Post
Hello,

About six months ago, my boyfriend moved to the Raleigh area for a new job and we have been meeting in Charlotte every three weeks since I am still in Atlanta. Constant hotel reservations are starting to put a strain on our finances and we are thinking about finding a tent campsite with showers for a cheaper alternative. Every campsite I find has strict restrictions on alcoholic beverages. I totally understand and respect these rules however I still want to be able to quietly and responsibly enjoy a few beers around the campfire. Does anyone know of any privately owned, safe campgrounds providing showers and allowing alcohol consumption? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!
I have one suggestion you could try. Have your boyfriend leave Raleigh on I40 and head toward Asheville. He would exit onto hwy 9 about 25 miles prior to Asheville and travel down to the Chimney Rock area.

You could travel up I85 and exit onto I26 heading toward Asheville at Spartanburg, SC. Exit off of I26 at exit 18 onto hwy 64 and head toward Chimney Rock yourself.

There is an excellent campground there called Hickory Nut Falls Campground. A two night minimum is required for them to hold your site. My favorite sites are near the rushing trout stream, but they also have very nice secluded wooded sites. As long as you keep your alcohol in a koozie or other non-identifiable container - and don't get rip roaring drunk, no one will bother you. The bathhouses are my only complaint about this campground - not terrible, just not new or really nice either. But honestly, you could not beat the place for scenary and romance

Old 04-16-2007, 01:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I have one suggestion you could try. Have your boyfriend leave Raleigh on I40 and head toward Aheville. He would exit onto hwy 9 about 25 miles prior to Asheville and travel down to the Chimney Rock area.

You could travel up I85 and exit onto I26 heading toward Asheville at Spartanburg, SC. Exit off of I26 at exit 18 onto hwy 64 and head toward Chimney Rock yourself.

There is an excellent campground there called Hickory Nut Falls Campground. A two night minimum is required for them to hold your site. My favorite sites are near the rushing trout stream, but they also have very nice secluded wooded sites. As long as you keep your alcohol in a koozie or other non-identifiable container - and don't get rip roaring drunk, no one will bother you. The bathhouses are my only complaint about this campground - not terrible, just not new or really nice either. But honestly, you could not beat the place for scenary and romance

Here is their website http://www.hickorynutfallsfamilycampground.com/

Old 04-16-2007, 07:13 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,580 times
I can say that the Fort Mill KOA off 77 does allow alcohol as long as you keep it at the campsite and you don't get too rowdy. But with just two people, how rowdy can you really get??? My husband lived there for 4 months and sat outside almost everynight with a beer. Also they have a bar onsite so I really don't think they will frown upon it at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte