U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 06:51 PM

999 posts, read 4,446,016 times

Advertisements

Hi, just checking to see if anyone uses cingular wireless there. I have heard good things about verizon coverage and all, and have used verizon (pay as you go) for a couple of years and never had a problem. My husband and I need a family plan, and I had told him to just go get Verizon (he's in Charlotte with not land line in a temp apartment, and currently no cell plan either) now he's telling me there's some deal he can access through work for Cingular. I'm all for deals, but hate to sign a contract and have the phones not work well. The coverage map for Cingluar looks a bit spotty in Union county, where we'll probably be living.
Thanks for any input, I'm emailing him at his work email (he doesn't have a computer at home either, we're totally out of touch with each other and NEED this cell phone!) and want to tell him what to do tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks again!
Joan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 07:11 PM

435 posts, read 1,739,959 times
I have Cingular. I also work in Union County. There are a few "dead spots" along the road I drive (Hwy. 84), but its not bad (I just know not to call anyone while driving through those areas ). I don't really know how it is when you go farther out into the county though. I know you can go & buy a phone w/out signing a contract. Or you can go & get a 1yr contract.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,896,204 times
I also have Cingular and it works well. In my business I get calls from all over and get mostly good reception.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:02 AM

240 posts, read 988,445 times
I have Cingular too, live in Waxhaw (closer to Marvin), and get great reception in that area. My wife is with Verizon, and she gets almost no signal in our house. I also tried Verizon for a while, and found that Cingular had as good or better coverage in all the areas around Charlotte that I travel. I think they have a 30 day trial period, so it couldn't hurt to get the service, use it for 30 days in the areas you think you'll need it, and then bring it back if it doesn't work out for you. In the areas around Charlotte that I've been to, I'd say that Cingular had the best coverage, Sprint second best, and Verizon third.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 AM

999 posts, read 4,446,016 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the input, my husband ordered the cingular plan through his company.....I think it saves us a whopping $6 a month He should have the phones Thursday and we'll try them out.
Joan

Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 PM

149 posts, read 509,653 times
We had Cingular in Pa. When we moved here, we had no coverage at our house in Wesley Chapel. We called Cingular and they told us they couldn't help, that there was limited coverage here. We switched to alltel and it works fine. I think coverage really varies from house to house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte