Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
What about Augustalee? I thought that was in Cornelius. Or do you mean the actual lakefront itself?

Augustalee: Augustalee - Historic New Name For The Village At Lake Norman
Augustalee is alive and well. I meant lakefront.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,212,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I'd like to see more progress on the extensions to the Torrence Creek Greenway, and definitely a project to link all of the dis-jointed sections of sidewalks together.
I went to a city presentation in 2006 that showed a plan for Torrence Creek Greenway to be extended all the way to Rosedale Shopping center. It would cross under the bridge near where Gilead hits McCoy and a small park and a little parking would be added there as well. They would also clean up that messy portion where the old Gilead runs.

On the same presentation, there was another one shown that had the greenway by Birkdale Village running all the way to Westmoreland, right by Hwy 21, and down to a school ( don't rememeber all those details).

This was all supposed to have been constructed by the summer of 2008. I guess the plans are on hold now since it never happened.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:36 AM

16 posts, read 60,649 times
Huntersville wouldnt be my top choice. Anything due north of Charlotte is off-limits to me. The traffic, congestion, and home prices keep me at bay.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 AM

90 posts, read 175,246 times
When people mention the downtown area of Huntersville is that on Gilead just east of 77?
Would the new rail line come through there..it looks like there are tracks but I havent seen a train yet.
We really like the neighborhoods back that way..Mirabella, Vermillion, Centennial

Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
think only one train runs but generally runs in middle the day your location is correct behind Lupiess

Old 07-31-2009, 07:26 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRoma View Post
When people mention the downtown area of Huntersville is that on Gilead just east of 77?
Would the new rail line come through there..it looks like there are tracks but I havent seen a train yet.
We really like the neighborhoods back that way..Mirabella, Vermillion, Centennial
Yes, that is downtown Huntersville.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:17 AM

6 posts, read 12,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Well it wont be that way long now that the word is out. I hear that there is a convoy of mexicans thats 12 miles long headed that way all of them ready to do(to take) jobs that americans dont want to do;;;

Mexicans.. so you call "Mexicans" (some people think they are all Mexicans but they aren't we also have alot of Nicaraguans, Hondurans & El Salvadorans) are the ones that want to do the work. They are hard working, and being that there is no work in their countries they come here to work to send to their families, they do not like living in the US but they go were the money is. AND I hate to tell you but they are HARD workers, and reliable. They aren't taking are jobs, it's just that they do not question a job.

Would you shovel **** for minimum wage? They would!

And no... I am not Mexican, Nicaraguan, Honduran or El Salvadoran.. neither.

I hate to tell you ... but it doesn't matter where you go... you will find these culture of people.

Oh.. I do not live in Huntersville, but it is a wonderful place to live, my family lives there.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:32 AM

1,638 posts, read 4,550,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
think only one train runs but generally runs in middle the day your location is correct behind Lupiess
Well Huntersville has just gone up in my estimation if there's a Lupies!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 9,065 times
I live in Huntersville (have for the past 5 yrs) and LOVE it! I live on the western side which is not as built up or congested with traffic and shopping areas. Still have cows, horses and lots of parks, open green spaces, and it's been wonderful. The only thing I caution anyone who moves down to this area, be careful biking or jogging on the main roads (Bud Henderson, Gilead, Sam Furr, Beatties Ford, etc.). We don't have the street lights that are common in NYS, nor do we have all the sidewalks, etc., so it's really dark on these roads at night, and that can't be stressed enough. Jog in the neighborhoods, in the parks, and where it's safe! Other than that, I love this area and will be here the rest of my life (husband and I retired here).

Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 PM

7 posts, read 9,065 times
Default Huntersville Rail Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRoma View Post

That area of Huntersville is lovely and those are beautiful neighborhoods (especially Vermillion). However, don't hold your breath for the commuter/subway line to be put in. That will be years and years down the road. There's decent bus transportation downtown (I used it for a couple of years when necessary). The express bus takes only 20 mins on I-77 into the
Charlotte, and about 40 mins on the way back to Huntersville in afternoon traffic. Not bad at all. If you live on the western side of Huntersville, you can take Beatties Ford Rd. straight uptown (becomes Trade St. which goes right through the center of the City). Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte