Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
johne482 - Thanks for giving us the "Inside Scoop" on the whole matter! I already feel your "pain" as I have one scheduled on the 28th. If there is any "bright side" to the whole thing, is that BCBS is picking up the vast majority of the tab! They say you have to drink that "humongous bottle" of stuff as well as take those tablets. I wonder if that solution could be "doctored" with Scotch! At least, it's a "clear solution"!
You don't know how close to the truth this is. The first liter began at 4PM and the instructions were to drink the second liter at 9PM. There were clear cut instructions about drinking 80z of any clear bev, after each 16 oz. of the guk. I read and re-read the instructions and couldn't believe I found a loop hole giving me an opp. to have a scotch around 9:30 PM. Then I said to myself ... John you're really reading too much into this and if they ask if you drank alco. last nite...hmm, what IF I need to start this all over again and drink these 2 liters another day? Nope.

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
You don't know how close to the truth this is. The first liter began at 4PM and the instructions were to drink the second liter at 9PM. There were clear cut instructions about drinking 80z of any clear bev, after each 16 oz. of the guk. I read and re-read the instructions and couldn't believe I found a loop hole giving me an opp. to have a scotch around 9:30 PM. Then I said to myself ... John you're really reading too much into this and if they ask if you drank alco. last nite...hmm, what IF I need to start this all over again and drink these 2 liters another day? Nope.

je
I saw the kit the doctor provided my friend who's having it done Friday. It's a 4 liter bottle! If it were any bigger, he could cut off the top and use it for a wading pool. I hope that stuff tastes good. If not Scotch, then Vodka perhaps?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:46 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,701,408 times
Quote:
I saw the kit the doctor provided my friend who's having it done Friday. It's a 4 liter bottle! If it were any bigger, he could cut off the top and use it for a wading pool. I hope that stuff tastes good. If not Scotch, then Vodka perhaps?
You know, just b/c people in the street keep saying your friend "is full of it" didn't mean that the DR. had to go overboard w/FOUR LITERS. NO WAY any person can get that down. Serious.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,489,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
You know, just b/c people in the street keep saying your friend "is full of it" didn't mean that the DR. had to go overboard w/FOUR LITERS. NO WAY any person can get that down. Serious.
The kit came with the bottle and a packet of stuff taped to the side of it. I guess as long as you're "cleaned out" that's the whole point of it. Buy some Georgia-Pacific stock in the next week or so! I have a feeling I'll be using a lot of their product in a couple of weeks!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:12 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
I saw the kit the doctor provided my friend who's having it done Friday. It's a 4 liter bottle!

FOUR LITER BOTTLE???? Holy sh*t what are they trying to do, drown someone from the inside? I'd rather shoot the guy a surprise than put myself through that.

I'm sorry but that does not look like my idea of a pleasant evening.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:33 AM

310 posts, read 672,569 times
I was raised, somewhat depressingly lol, that doing crap that sucks really badly is just what you have to do in life. I'd call it a 70/30 split, if you're lucky. You gotta do crap that sucks 70% of the time to have fun and relax 30% of the time. Right now for me it's more like 80/20 if not 90/10. Oh well, hard work *supposedly* pays off. We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte