Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:44 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
please post pics, mullman. Maybe I can figure out how to post some pics of the Great Wall. (of China) I swear those mountains make Mt. Mitchell look like a hill!! (and I was on this mountain...even tho I am terrified of heights!!)
YES! I agree! Feel free to post them right here on this thread, Mullman! We all enjoy your photos - and for those who haven't been to that area - it really is an inspiration to get out and enjoy our beautiful mountains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 PM

769 posts, read 2,219,782 times
I'm dadgum tired of watering my flower beds by hand. So now that I'm working again it's to Home Depot for me tomorrow for the supplies then Sunday is puttin' in some drip watering systems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
We will be celebrating my daughter's 3rd birthday on Sat. We will have some guests over the weekend and my husband is smoking 2 Boston Butts as we speak... I think it is going to be a GREAT weekend!
Oh, yummy! You doubtless will have a wonderful weekend.

Happy birthday to your little girl!!! Have a terrific celebration!

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I just don't know. Hubby has appointments w/ docs Mon and Tues. We dont know what all is involved. He is undergoing some sort of testing and prep for a defib implant. Just not sure what all this will involve and how he will feel - won't want to leave him if the process wears him out.

Thanks for asking, CHI!!
I understand. My friend in Statesville is getting one too. (the defib) They are not saying that there is extensive testing for that, so, you might be ok.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
I'm dadgum tired of watering my flower beds by hand. So now that I'm working again it's to Home Depot for me tomorrow for the supplies then Sunday is puttin' in some drip watering systems!
That is such a good idea. We had a drip system in all our flower beds at our previous home and we really really miss it here. We put them in ourselves and it is worth the effort. We probably should make the effort to do it here. Sure does make a big difference w/ maintenance.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I understand. My friend in Statesville is getting one too. (the defib) They are not saying that there is extensive testing for that, so, you might be ok.
Well, we were so surprised that he has had to have this many appointments. Cardiologist on Monday - electrophysiologist on Tues. And he has already seen the electro. guy once. We are surprised that things are taking this long and all the tests. Insurance is dragging things along, too (no surprise there!!!).

Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
ChiCee...email me the Great Wall pictures you want posted and I can work on getting them up here for you at some point tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I just don't know. Hubby has appointments w/ docs Mon and Tues. We dont know what all is involved. He is undergoing some sort of testing and prep for a defib implant. Just not sure what all this will involve and how he will feel - won't want to leave him if the process wears him out.

Thanks for asking, CHI!!

Selfishly I'd still love for you (or the both of you) to come. I wouldn't worry about joining us on Tuesday, get your husband back in better health. If you show up it's a bonus.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
ChiCee...email me the Great Wall pictures you want posted and I can work on getting them up here for you at some point tomorrow.
ok

Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Selfishly I'd still love for you (or the both of you) to come. I wouldn't worry about joining us on Tuesday, get your husband back in better health. If you show up it's a bonus.
agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte