Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 AM

240 posts, read 1,021,909 times

Advertisements

I have to say I love HC. The neighbors are great. There are many community activities that probably contribute to the HOA fee outside of the pools. There is a gym where you can work out, tennis, movies in the park, orchestra in the park, the new Ridge Road Middle School, Highland Creek Elementary and Mallard Creek are only 2 or 3 years old. Access to 85 and 77 are quick. The new Walmart across from Concord Mills opened last week adds to the convenience. You can get there w/i 5 minutes using the back entrance.

I'm sad to say I'm moving August 15th. I accepted a government job and I'm moving back to MD. I couldn't find a job here so I have to go.

Good Luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:28 PM

246 posts, read 583,535 times
I don't think the HOA fee at HC is all that bad. Where else can you get swim, tennis, and fitness facilities for $47/mo.?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:56 AM

35 posts, read 157,962 times
IMO I would stay away from Cabarrus Crossing and lean more towards Highland Creek. I know a few people in Cabarrus Crossing who are not happy there any longer. One is trying to sell and has had their house on the market for quite some time, with little showings, and their home is priced below its value. The upside to Cabarrus Crossing is Cabarrus taxes and schools. You could still get that from Highland Creek if you chose the Cabarrus side of it. Good luck with your search.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:04 AM

132 posts, read 471,706 times
I am a huge HC fan, so take that into account when you read this :-) We love HC- it's a great neighborhood with a lot of resale potential.

You mentioned in your post that you are looking at Bentgrass Run/ Whistlers Chase. I can personally tell you that this section of the neighborhood has both families AND single people in it. We built our first home in that section 10+ years ago. We still have friends who live there, so I know that the single population there is relatively high. When I drove through there the other day, I did notice there were several homes for sale on Bentgrass Run.

We moved back to charlotte a few years ago and moved BACK to HC because we loved it. We now live on the Cabarrus side. There are several great "neighborhoods" over here as well, so don't discount this half of HC.

Good luck in your decision!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:36 AM

518 posts, read 2,060,944 times
I wanted to bump this thread because two of the homes in my neighborhood (which the OP visited) have sold in 1 week. The ranch was on the market about 4-6 months, the other, a larger two-story one across the street and about 5 houses down, was only on the market about a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte