Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2009, 09:30 AM

34 posts, read 94,038 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I have posted a thread here yesterday and saw 31 people have read it and gave me no reply. I just wanted to know if the Meck school district has a special education program geared towards children who has ADHD/learning disabilities. My 12 year old child has these issues. I've tried searching the web for the info however it was to no avail.
I would greatly appreciate any information you may have.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,876,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom1871 View Post
Hello,
I have posted a thread here yesterday and saw 31 people have read it and gave me no reply. I just wanted to know if the Meck school district has a special education program geared towards children who has ADHD/learning disabilities. My 12 year old child has these issues. I've tried searching the web for the info however it was to no avail.
I would greatly appreciate any information you may have.

Thanks
If no one answered you it is because they felt they didn't have the right answers to be able to help you

Yes, of course Mecklenburg County has resources for dealing with children with learning disabilities - this is a HUGE school system! However, I will say since your child is middle school age that can be the weakest link in the chain in this school system. You might actually get better help on a more personal level if you were in one of the surrounding counties. Any chance you could live in Cabarrus County? That school system is MUCH smaller and getting help might be easier.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM

852 posts, read 2,471,005 times
I'm sorry that you haven't had an answer yet but as far as I know there is no "special" program for ADHD children. I can tell you however that my two children have been in classes where there are many children with learning disabilities and adhd. I believe that the CMS program is inclusion and then the kids are moved around depending on their learning ability. I may be totally on the wrong track but it might be worth your while actually calling a school in an area that you may want to live in and ask them directly. Good luck with your research.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:51 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,931,269 times
I was one of the "readers" but I don't know anyhting to tell you. Probably a lot of people like me.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:59 AM

34 posts, read 94,038 times
Thank you so very much. I was there 2 years ago with the intentions of relocating to the charlotte area. I had no luck finding a job with CMC I went to the employment agency that supposedly had a contract with the hospital and I was told that I was going to be called in for the drug screening, after not hearing from them I called them to be informed that I was not called in again because I had a New York address on my resume and they thought I was at risk of going back there to stay although I explained to her during the interview that I was relocating to the area. Do you think it's difficult to find employment in the Charlotte area? Well I can kind of answer that question myself due to the lacking economy, but my experience is in the surgical technician and medical office field. I just don't want to go through the same experience again. I thank you for your insight.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,612,329 times
The best way to land a job w/ CMC is to directly work with CMC. They have open jobs listed on their website. Just apply directly with them. You need to be aware, tho, that recruiters advise they are getting a high number of applicants for positions and are not experiencing the shortage that some other areas of the country are experiencing w/ both nurses and techs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte