U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:05 AM

531 posts, read 1,929,022 times

Advertisements

I found Birkdale village yesterday...completely by accident. I had heard so much about it, but had never really thought about going there.

It was a nice day so we parked the car and walked around the village. We stopped into some of the shops and stores. Then we went and had ice cream. I was impressed with the stores that were there and how clean the village is kept. We had a very nice time. I thought it was a great way to spend the afternoon!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 PM

50 posts, read 209,331 times
It is quite nice to spend some time there, when its not too crowded.

Where do you live? I'm curious how you discoved it by accident. Most people in the Lake Norman area know where it is.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:43 PM

I am in Indian Trail. We were looking for a Friendly's Restaurant for ice cream and found the village instead. I do not get the chance to get up that way much, but now I have a reason!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 14,272,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandevder View Post
I found Birkdale village yesterday...completely by accident. I had heard so much about it, but had never really thought about going there.

It was a nice day so we parked the car and walked around the village. We stopped into some of the shops and stores. Then we went and had ice cream. I was impressed with the stores that were there and how clean the village is kept. We had a very nice time. I thought it was a great way to spend the afternoon!

Did you go to Cafe Mia for Gellato? I was there

Old 04-23-2007, 08:54 AM

3,516 posts, read 9,966,721 times
Being close to Lake Norman, to Friendly's and to Birkdale were the top compelling reasons why we opted for Huntersville.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 AM

73 posts, read 418,638 times
Default Saw House There

Found a great home in that development. Great potential but one problem. It was on the steepest hill I ever saw outside of SF. I hear this home is quite famous now because everyone who sees it loves it but hates the driveway lol.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 AM

536 posts, read 1,605,392 times
Default Friendlys

Hi dandevder,

Did you end up at Friendlys? I am on South side of town too, and my kids are dying to get Friendlys. You must be from Long Island, or NE? I looked into that franchise, costs about 1/2 million , we could use one closer to home!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:53 PM

14 posts, read 79,112 times
go to exit 23 on 77 and take a left at the stop light theres a Friendlys there in Rosedale

Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM

4,299 posts, read 14,272,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln S View Post
Found a great home in that development. Great potential but one problem. It was on the steepest hill I ever saw outside of SF. I hear this home is quite famous now because everyone who sees it loves it but hates the driveway lol.

I think I saw that house. The car in the driveway looked like it was standing on it's head.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Hi dandevder,

Did you end up at Friendlys? I am on South side of town too, and my kids are dying to get Friendlys. You must be from Long Island, or NE? I looked into that franchise, costs about 1/2 million , we could use one closer to home!

Yes we are from NE. The kids have been asking to go for some time now. A friend told us there was one up there...so we took a ride and tried to find it! We just found Birkdale first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte