U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM

166 posts, read 754,547 times

Advertisements

I'll second 131 Main. Every time we are down we eat there and we have not had a bad meal yet. I'm not a big red meat fan but I always have the steak there. I'm told they have no freezers so everything is fresh every day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM

178 posts, read 837,267 times
For really yummy simple fare try Lupies on Monroe Road in the ELizabeth neighborhood (close to downtown). Lupie uses fresh seasonal veggies for the veggie plate , but be sure that one of your viggies is mac & cheese!
They are known for their burgers & chili mac (a huge plate of spaghetti covered in chili). Get it "half & half", meaning half texas & half cincinnatti chili. There is a reason the line is out the door every night! I get to-go all the time- try it!!!!
Read these reviews if you want to see what others said:

http://charlotte.citysearch.com/review/6274352

Old 04-23-2007, 10:07 PM

743 posts, read 2,114,821 times
Hickory Tavern, the best cedar planked salmon I have had yet. They have a couple locations but I always go to the one on Providence Road, right off of 485 heading towards Weddington.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 18,997,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
Hickory Tavern, the best cedar planked salmon I have had yet. They have a couple locations but I always go to the one on Providence Road, right off of 485 heading towards Weddington.
md Love that place we go there everytime we went....

Old 04-24-2007, 06:57 AM

240 posts, read 985,307 times
Hickory Tavern is pretty good! But if you like that "upscale bar" type of place, you have to try Village Tavern near Southpark Mall. It's a longer drive from the Hunter Oaks area (maybe 20-25 minutes), but the food is great. It's worth the occasional trip!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 61,873,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
Hickory Tavern is pretty good! But if you like that "upscale bar" type of place, you have to try Village Tavern near Southpark Mall. It's a longer drive from the Hunter Oaks area (maybe 20-25 minutes), but the food is great. It's worth the occasional trip!

Technically Village TAvern is a chain restaurant but still is a restaurant with excellent service and food .

The first Village Tavern was established in 1984, near Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem. The Village Tavern now operates eight, upscale casual dining restaurants in four locations in North Carolina including Winston-Salem (2), Greensboro and Charlotte; Atlanta, Georgia; Denver, Colorado; Birmingham, Alabama; and Scottsdale, Arizona

Old 04-24-2007, 08:15 AM

48 posts, read 54,040 times
true. they have a location on East in Dilworth that ive been too. They own Mama Ricotta's
Quote:
For Mexican, I'd try Cantina 1511. They have a couple of locations in Charlotte, and I believe they're locally owned. I've only been to the Stonecrest location (Rea Rd at Ballantyne Commons Pkwy). Very good food, and nice atmosphere too.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 AM

677 posts, read 2,100,588 times
Quote:
Didn't they just open one of these in the University Area on Mallard Creek Church Rd?

Old 04-24-2007, 09:34 AM

48 posts, read 54,040 times
Roosters is a really neat place. Open kitchen. Its right behind the Walgreens on Morrison next to Southpark. Cool bar and restaurant. Same people also own Nobles which is local (never been there) and i also hear that Zebra is good which is also near Southpark.

http://www.wsoctv.com/restaurants/10952346/detail.html (broken link)

Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 AM

201 posts, read 770,855 times
Speaking of Ayrsley restaurants...if you like Indian food, Saffron in the Ayrsley town center, right across from Portofino's is EXCELLENT! We just ate there on Saturday night for the first time. A good friend of mine is from India and used to cook for me...and this restaurant is by far the most authentic I've even been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte