U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:18 AM

77 posts, read 382,976 times

Advertisements

You guys are the BEST!!!! Lets keep this post going, because I get more accurate information from this forum than any review I read elsewhere!!!!
Thanks!!!! You are all making me HUNGRY!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM

240 posts, read 984,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Didn't they just open one of these in the University Area on Mallard Creek Church Rd?
Yep, same place They also have one near Northlake on Harris Blvd (just behind one of the office buildings east of the mall, south side of Harris).

Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 6,178 times
New England Seafood is a great little place located in south Charlotte. It looks like it could be a chain but it is privatley owned. My husband and I stumbled across it getting of the hwy to get gas.

I love the fish & chips, however my husband who is from maryland says the crab cakes are the best he's ever eaten! The atmoshpere is casual and fun! Check out the funky info on the walls.

Never had better service in an upscale restaurant!
P.S. The fried twinkie and the fried Ice cream are to die for. Dont worry they use 0 Trans fat oil. Tell Mitchell that ken & Jan sent you!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:04 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,686,400 times
The mention of Indian food made me wonder if anyone else has tried Copper on East Boulevard. They have both traditional Indian food and a more updated fusion type. Both are excellent.

I Restaurant, also on East Boulevard, has great tempura, good sushi and lovely fruit ice creams.

Italian food brings to mind Dolce and Fiamma on Park road and Coco Osteria uptown. And then there's Toscana where the atmosphere on the terrace on a soft summer evening is heavenly. Owned by the same folks as Toscana are two other good choices: Coco Osteria and Blue - I love Blue's Moroccan lamb tagine.

Totally different but fun and very, very good is NoDa's Cabo Fish Taco. Too noisy on the weekends though. Another great ethnic place is the Greek Isles off South Boulevard. I love their grilled snapper.

Finally, does no one else know LuLu on Central Avenue? Really good food and such a pleasant atmosphere. Can be a bit noisy on weekends though.

So, enjoy! Charlotte has some super restaurants.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:04 AM

4,730 posts, read 18,456,500 times
I am really amazed at how many chains made it into this thread when the OP asked for locally-owned.

The chef at LuLu was the chef at the vegeterina restuarant the Peaceful Dragon used to have. I miss that place.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,043,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by april7 View Post
New England Seafood is a great little place located in south Charlotte. It looks like it could be a chain but it is privatley owned. My husband and I stumbled across it getting of the hwy to get gas.

I love the fish & chips, however my husband who is from maryland says the crab cakes are the best he's ever eaten! The atmoshpere is casual and fun! Check out the funky info on the walls.

Never had better service in an upscale restaurant!
P.S. The fried twinkie and the fried Ice cream are to die for. Dont worry they use 0 Trans fat oil. Tell Mitchell that ken & Jan sent you!
Where in South Charlotte is New England Seafood?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Where in South Charlotte is New England Seafood?
Archdale and Nations Ford Rd close to 77. It used to be a Hardees Not the best hood for sure.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,686,400 times
Hey, Groove1,
If you liked the chef at the Peaceful Dragon's old place, you really should try
LuLu. Their calamare with slaw (the "Movie Star") is super as are all their lamb dishes and salads. They even have a dish which features merguez, the North African lamb sausage.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:42 PM

I dont eat lamb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte