U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM

11 posts, read 49,973 times

Advertisements

Can anyone provide any info on Marvin Creek. We loved the neighborhood and want to purchase a home there. Thanks!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM

348 posts, read 361,978 times
Do a search of the old threads here....there's lots of previously written info on Marvin Creek...

Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM

22 posts, read 193,405 times
Marvin Creek is a great neighborhood. In terms of location its one of the best. The schools are execellent. The neighborhood is right opposite to Longview which has multi-million dollar homes and is surrounded other upscale neighborhoods. So you can be rest assured of the appreciation of the values of the homes in marvin creek. Access to interstate is very convinient. Although its in Marvin/waxhaw its right at the border of Mecklenburg county so its almost like staying in the Ballantyne area with LOW taxes ! Restuarants, groceries and other strip malls (Blakeney, Stone Crest) are within a few mins drive.

The amenities at Marvin creek are execellent as well. With respect to quality of the homes, Toll Brothers is one of the better luxury home builders and you cannot to wrong with them. I know that during the initial phases of construction they took a long time to complete the homes, but as of now they are taking between 8-9 months to build a home and they stick with schedule.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:07 PM

221 posts, read 701,894 times
Default marvin creek

I am in contract with a home in Marvin Creek, the Meadows. I am so excited. The area is beautiful. We spent a year looking. In early 2006 we looked at toll brothers but were scared away by there projected build out and problems they were having. They sold out there Carolinas series in one year.
Now they have worked out the kinks and they are sticking to there 8-9 months. Irionically a year later I am back with them & bought.
There other series are pretty much sold out. They do have homes available in the Estates and Meadows but you are going to spend over $700k.
Which series are you looking at?

Old 04-27-2007, 06:36 AM

11 posts, read 49,973 times
Thanks for the info. I loved Marvin Creek as well. I am glad to know that they are delivering homes on schedule. I am looking at the Executive collection.
I heard that they have only a couple of lots left.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:54 PM

Very very few lots in the Executive. I am sure you can find some inventory homes. But I wanted to build from scratch. This will be the one and only time I will get this chance. I don't ever hope to move again. I never thought I would move from where I am now! But crazy happened and visited Charlotte and loved it!! I hope this is the right choice.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 PM

431 posts, read 1,574,974 times
We were real impressed with Marvin Creek when we first looked. The ammenities were real impressive, unfortunately so were the HOA fees. If I were to purchase in there, I wanted to be in the community where the club house existed. That option didnt exist, other than resales. I couldnt see buying in a community where my ammenities were miles away.

Eventually after speaking with many, many people, we opted to buy in a development with no ammenities, and build our own pool. Its all about preference. If ammenities are important Marvin Creek is pretty neat.

As a sidenote, be aware that I believe a major shopping center is slated to go in directly across the street from Marvin Creek...I think its going to be anchored by a Wal Mart. Maybe someone can confirm...i know its been a battle, just not sure where it stands. c/o Tom Short and Rea.

Have you looked in Providence Downs South?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:20 PM

13 posts, read 63,540 times
Did you end up purchasing/building a home there?

I'm really impressed with what I see. It really seems like a great neighborhood! We have some friends who live there and they only say great things about it. The ammenities center with the lazy river is great! I love that they have so many homes with walk-out basements. It seems to me the location is perfect being so close to Blakeney and of course being in the amazing Marvin school district. We are hoping to buy in there if our current home will ever sell. There are some re-sale homes that look like a good match for us since I'm not sure I want to go through building a new home.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM

11,838 posts, read 26,744,325 times
There's supposed to be some sort of retail going in & a nursing home.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
There's supposed to be some sort of retail going in & a nursing home.
There is no Walmart going in. The residents fought it and we won. The layout of the shopping center can be found on the union county website & Marvin I think. On the corner of Tom short and Rae Rd there are suppose to be high end retail shops. I know nothing of a nursinghome. Where did you hear that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte