Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 07:00 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,268 times

Advertisements

I'll be starting a new gig on Shamrock near Tipperary Drive. Now, I'd rather take the bus than drive. Does anyone have experience with the #23 route or the #29 SouthPark to UNCC route. On-time? Smooth ride? Lots of stops? Clientel?

I'll also have about a 10 minute walk to one of the stops at Tipperary and Shamrock. I know I've heard some rough things about the area, but this particular block looks like mostly houses and the Methodist nursing home, so I'm not too worried. Anyone have experience with this area?

(Spare me racist garbage, please)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:08 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,047,835 times
Yes I actually do. i currently live in Greensboro now, however I use to stay on Milton rd. and catch the 29 to connect with the Monroe rd. bus to go to work. yes i actually like the 29 route. it is a straight shot and and it crosses over cnetral ave, monroe rd., Independence blvd., randolph rd., sharon rd., and goes all the way to the west sisde of town. Also Shamrock is just like any other part of Charlotte. There is crime everywhere but you are not going to be in a warzone. hope this works out for you!!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:08 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Actually, this is pretty rough there. Hope that you will not be walking around at night. I used to live only a couple of blocks from there and listened to random gunshots all night. BE CAREFUL!

Old 08-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Not at night. 9-5 mostly. Maybe as late as 7. Did you live closer to Eastway? That area looked real sketch. I'll only be walking and waiting for the bus ON Shamrock, which seems well-traveled. I will test the waters one day, then drive around at night. I can always take the car, but I'd like to save the gas ... and avoid any break ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Actually, this is pretty rough there. Hope that you will not be walking around at night. I used to live only a couple of blocks from there and listened to random gunshots all night. BE CAREFUL!

Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM

No, I actually lived on Georgia Ave which is about a block from Shamrock...

Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,654,246 times
I've lived close to Georgia Ave for the past 7 years, and have heard gunshots twice in that time - once, unfortunately, was the killing on Attaberry at the beginning of this year... not random, people that knew each other, arguing. I have really good hearing, and I'm often up quite late at night. I am very safe here. I wouldn't take silly risks, but then, no one should. I love this area. Maybe things have changed since you lived here? The whole area is on an upswing for sure.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:15 PM

This is actually about 2 miles from Georgia Ave., on the other side of Eastway, near the History Museum.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
I've lived close to Georgia Ave for the past 7 years, and have heard gunshots twice in that time - once, unfortunately, was the killing on Attaberry at the beginning of this year... not random, people that knew each other, arguing. I have really good hearing, and I'm often up quite late at night. I am very safe here. I wouldn't take silly risks, but then, no one should. I love this area. Maybe things have changed since you lived here? The whole area is on an upswing for sure.
Yes, I think that the NoDa excitement is moving that way. I am actually quite glad because those are some nice houses there..especially once you get to Country Club drive. It might be better now, but, I lived 1/2 block from Georgia & Attaberry, and, there were ALWAYS shootings down around there. That house on the corner of Georgia & Attaberry seems to attract trouble.

lived around that kind of stuff for too many years. Prefer not to be around gunfire!! Can deal with a lot of stuff, gunfire is on the no-go list.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
This is actually about 2 miles from Georgia Ave., on the other side of Eastway, near the History Museum.
oh. not quite sure about there, then. sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte