U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:49 PM

11 posts, read 38,086 times

Advertisements

Good evening to all, I have a serious question. How long does it take to mount a 46" flat screen? I know it takes more than 30 minutes, but i have someone stating it takes 2 1/2 hours, and their fee is $60 per hour. Am i getting ripped off? It is going over a fireplace and the wall is textured-( If that helps any). If anyone can help answer this for me, i sure would appreciate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 07:57 PM

129 posts, read 308,513 times
best buy will mount your screen for less then that im sure, and you have a big company behind the work. 150$ seems a little much to mount it, I would get another quote. Also, do you have a mount already or do you need to purchase it? Might want to figure that in.
GL

Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 PM

11 posts, read 38,086 times
i still have to purchase one, but i found a really good one on walmart.com for 59.00.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 PM

8,233 posts, read 12,065,941 times
Couple of things:

I would make sure that placing the TV above your fireplace is ok with the heat that will get to it. That is if you use your fireplace.

You didn't mention what the fee includes.....does that include calibration? If so, that can and does take some time to do so that may be where they are picking up that quote.

Also, if you must shop at wm, I would be sure that the mount you are purchasing is made in the USA and not china. You want to be sure and have the best quality.

Last edited by sundrop; 08-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: to make a correction

Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 AM

36 posts, read 105,059 times
Yes, you are getting ripped off...my hubby did it in 15 minutes.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:47 AM

I think it is important to remember this;

if you are hiring someone to provide a service for you (such as mounting a tv) then you have to take into consideration that this is a business. A business has operating cost. If you work you want to paid......So to compare what a hubby can do in a half hour as opposed to what you hiring to be done is not fair.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:53 AM

5,975 posts, read 18,223,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I think it is important to remember this;

if you are hiring someone to provide a service for you (such as mounting a tv) then you have to take into consideration that this is a business. A business has operating cost. If you work you want to paid......So to compare what a hubby can do in a half hour as opposed to what you hiring to be done is not fair.
I agree. However, $150 seems a bit much. Just ask what that covers. Perhaps they think they would have to drill walls and run wirings and stuff. Is this with the Geek Squad? Our neighbor had a home theater installed and I saw the GS van on their driveway so I think they do this.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I agree. However, $150 seems a bit much. Just ask what that covers. Perhaps they think they would have to drill walls and run wirings and stuff. Is this with the Geek Squad? Our neighbor had a home theater installed and I saw the GS van on their driveway so I think they do
this.

It perhaps could be a lot, as I mentioned in my earlier post, she should see what this includes. If it includes a calibration then it in fact could be accurate.

Hopefully the OP will check back and let us know how it works out.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,067,661 times
The question is to mount the screen onto a wall. You must use the correct fasteners . Six should be plenty and it doesnt take long to attach them to the wall.Now if the question is to INSTALL the tv along with running cable thats another question,,, Which is it?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:55 PM

5,354 posts, read 7,405,296 times
It really only takes 15 minutes to do. Just use a level to make sure you aren't crooked!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte