Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 10:52 PM

109 posts, read 319,635 times

Advertisements

Mainly the Lynx light rail there. I understand its fairly new and that new routes are still being planned. For Lynx riders there how do you like it/Also how is your bus system there and are there another mass transit systems there and would you recommend/I've never been there BTW.thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 12:34 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,696 times
The train is fine - there's only 1 line as of present. As far as the buses go , they get 10 thumbs down!! Untimely arrivals , unprofessional drivers , stupid teens , et al. A few times it is tolerable and if I had no car , I'd only use it to go fishing.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,022,928 times
The buses really depend on the routes. Some are always on time, some aren't. Some of the drivers are great, some jerks. The lines that run more often tend to be more reliable. The light rail can get you only from South Blvd. to downtown. I don't think the UNCC line is scheduled to open until at least 2013

Old 08-19-2009, 11:26 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,738 times
Not meaning to get in your business..but why are you abandoning Las Vegas... I hear Las Vegas is happening...any why of all places Las Vegas over little old Charlotte...Let me burst your bubble right now....we do have light rail...however right now its only one line...and the bus system sucks big time....Don't mean to be discouraging....but Job market here is dead also...

Old 08-19-2009, 12:20 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,221,781 times
Who knows what things will be like in 2 years, but we have a new and growing public transportation section, so it's really at that infancy stage. We need to take the next steps before it becomes a truly viable solution. After being in Vegas many times, other than the strip, I recall public transportation being very poor there, more people took taxis than anything else.

Also to dscott.. Vegas is getting crushed right now. It's not as happening as people think. The boom there has gone bust, big time. Cali and AZ and NV probably got hit the hardest, with Florida in the housing breakdown. It's also a big desert, I can see wanting to move to 4 seasons.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:44 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott2009 View Post
Not meaning to get in your business..but why are you abandoning Las Vegas... I hear Las Vegas is happening...any why of all places Las Vegas over little old Charlotte...Let me burst your bubble right now....we do have light rail...however right now its only one line...and the bus system sucks big time....Don't mean to be discouraging....but Job market here is dead also...
You really should do some research before you post such drivel Las Vegas has been in double digit unemployment since 2007! The housing market there is one of the worst in the country. I can easily understand someone wanting to leave and relocate to a nicer part of the country like NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: