Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:17 AM

102 posts, read 285,106 times

Advertisements

On Tuesday afternoon around 3pm, I was sitting at my computer and the internet just crapped out.. so I do the normal reset of the cable modem and router.. nothing seems to work so i call up Time Warner and they tell me they cant see my modem and diagnose it. they sent a tech out Wednesday and he shows/tells me the wire to the box has been deliberately cut. And it seems like it was cut by a professional because the cuts are in two places and the Average Joe would have also cut my dish network wires too..

this puzzles me because I was on the computer which is right next to a window that if the blinds were open, i would have seen someone there. Creepy!

But now im wondering who cut them and why? was it a malicious act, a Time Warner or Dish Network tech or just some random weirdo?.. Also im in Southpark on the very end of a cul de sac, so its not the easiest place to target..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 04:40 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,350,760 times
It is highly likely this was done by a professional or someone watching from afar.
Watching from afar meaning someone watches them cut lines and mockery ensues.
They could have crawled in 'commando style' , cut the lines , and slithered away unnoticed. Just to be on the safe side , I'd invest in a CC camera setup to avoid this or catch them in the act.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:10 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,500 times
A few years ago while living in a townhouse complex I had my DirecTV wires disconnected by a Charter cable tech, when he was hooking up our new next door neighbor's cable. He disconnected them and locked them in the box. This was on a night when my wife had something she really wanted to watch on TV. I called Charter that night, they were absolutely no help and told me they'd get back to me in a couple weeks. Luckily, the box was easily popped open, as the lock was flimsy, and I managed to hook everything up again. I suspect the Charter tech did it maliciously, as DirecTV dishes were starting to appear all over the complex. Sure enough, two weeks later they called, wondering if I still needed assistance. It's no wonder that company is bankrupt.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:14 AM

172 posts, read 465,374 times
Fence your yard and get a dog!! We had ours cut one time but it was by someone doing yard work for us. We laugh because every time he comes in our yard with his bobcat he cuts the cable line and my son comes flying outside.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Did you irritate any neighbors recently? Maybe they didn't like to be told that their kids shouldn't ride ATVs around the neighborhood.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I had someone cut my phone line twice. Once before my alarm went off at 130 am. I finally had TWC put two locks on the box outside. Not a problem since

Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
This happened to me once when the silly neighbor decided to plant some pansies and stuck his shovel through my buried cable. They apparently don't put them deep in the ground. He didn't even know he did it as wife started yelling at him about something and he got distracted.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:29 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,713,118 times
Scary. Do you have a home phone or do you use TWC for your phone? Wonder if they were trying to disable your alarm.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
TWC for the phone. I do believe they were trying to disable my alarm. They still would have gotten numerous bullets in them either way

Old 08-20-2009, 07:43 AM

161 posts, read 423,156 times
Not cut that were attached to my house but the neighbors behind me just had a fence installed ( another story in itself there *eyeroll*) and the idiot fence guy dug right under a windstream flag and on a spray painted line. His comment "my post lines up here, they will fix it".

We even gave these idiots water in the heat it was so hot cause I have a heart. Not after that. I told him my DH works from home and had them call windstream and talk to them after I did and report a cut on purpose.

It happens...ppl are idiots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte