Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 PM

6 posts, read 11,011 times

Advertisements

Hey need some help>>>>> Myself and wife 1 high school kid are looking to move to NC by years end or sooner, will land job 1st but My wife is a jersey girl all the way and this is her idea, she ready and tried of the BS in the north and the high price of living for what??? I grew up in the south and I am always trying to get back to home...

We live in North Jersey and it's Zoo 300 days a year, and just not worth the hassle any more we are looking to move some where both of us will feel at home a little south and a little city, What make this state stand out, and is Charlotte a good place to land in this travel. I am open to there places also..

I have been reading best list and looking at stats till I's blue in the face I want real people who live there to give some insight on your home, Good and bad.. I have lived myself in 10 plus states so I can deal, however my wife is born and raised Jersey Girl, I am a Distribution/Warehouse Manager and she is in Medical billing we are in our mid 40's Black outgoing family...

What make NC stand out to you....Why should I call it home...

The job market is bad anywhere but we still must make changes and let God do the rest>>>>>.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:33 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,707,673 times
I have been reading best list and looking at stats till I's blue in the face

[/quote]

Correct, hence "...and believe half of what you read." Including right here on CD.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:23 AM

19 posts, read 54,058 times
I moved from NJ early this year. I researched the area for aprox 5 years and for me, it's been exactly what I expected. Lots of transplants in Charlotte specifically but where I live is simply beautiful (Ballantyne/So Charlotte area) and the cost of living break is clearly a benefit. I don't know why people put up w/a poor quality of life..it's beyond me. I will say that to each is own...make sure your job situation is set up, you research schools if need be and understand that this ISN'T NJ! The airline rates may differ (because we are used to many options up North), the energy is different and it is slower but should that be what you are looking for and you feel comfortable with the decision, then it should work well. I think many people didn't expect me to enjoy it here because i'm on the go a bit but I had the right expectations and thus far, they have been met. Whether its here or another southern region, GO! I love my home state but I am officially a visitor...life is too short and life is too good to waste it on Rt. 3 while someone is flipping you the bird in a Jets jersey

Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,866 times
Default making the move too to Brandon Oaks!

Well, we are doing it soon; house is purchases (pre-foreclosure) and we are busy finalizing needs there and finishing up a few things on LI chore list to get market ready; hoping the New Year will get us there. Watching job market now; I see opportunities galore....can't wait!

Friday of ours went a year ago and love the transplant and are doing well. Life is way too hectic here on LI and an older-younger couple, we are looking forward to the change, and nicer people! What will I miss from LI (original Brooklyn girl); bagels (good thing I don' teat them often anyway) and Jones Beach Theatre - saw Jimmy Buffet last night - it was awesome...but i know we are making a good choice and we love our new home. Grown girls and family will visit; oldet one 22, has decided to move to Cary, NC, so we'll be fine!

Do IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion751 View Post
Hey need some help>>>>> Myself and wife 1 high school kid are looking to move to NC by years end or sooner, will land job 1st but My wife is a jersey girl all the way and this is her idea, she ready and tried of the BS in the north and the high price of living for what??? I grew up in the south and I am always trying to get back to home...

We live in North Jersey and it's Zoo 300 days a year, and just not worth the hassle any more we are looking to move some where both of us will feel at home a little south and a little city, What make this state stand out, and is Charlotte a good place to land in this travel. I am open to there places also..

I have been reading best list and looking at stats till I's blue in the face I want real people who live there to give some insight on your home, Good and bad.. I have lived myself in 10 plus states so I can deal, however my wife is born and raised Jersey Girl, I am a Distribution/Warehouse Manager and she is in Medical billing we are in our mid 40's Black outgoing family...

What make NC stand out to you....Why should I call it home...

The job market is bad anywhere but we still must make changes and let God do the rest>>>>>.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the great honesty,,, I have a 9th grader high schools,, where are the best at...????

Old 08-27-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnussbaum96 View Post
Well, we are doing it soon; house is purchases (pre-foreclosure) and we are busy finalizing needs there and finishing up a few things on LI chore list to get market ready; hoping the New Year will get us there. Watching job market now; I see opportunities galore....can't wait!

Friday of ours went a year ago and love the transplant and are doing well. Life is way too hectic here on LI and an older-younger couple, we are looking forward to the change, and nicer people! What will I miss from LI (original Brooklyn girl); bagels (good thing I don' teat them often anyway) and Jones Beach Theatre - saw Jimmy Buffet last night - it was awesome...but i know we are making a good choice and we love our new home. Grown girls and family will visit; oldet one 22, has decided to move to Cary, NC, so we'll be fine!

Do IT!
Thanks Inssbaum96... Good info.. Yes we are a pre -foreclosure also.. but we needed that to push us out, we know this is the best thing, however still hard.. I know that God will be in the mix with us also...How's the job search going any thing that you are using that might be of help please forward..

Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,361,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion751 View Post
Thanks for the great honesty,,, I have a 9th grader high schools,, where are the best at...????
South Charlotte schools is what you are aiming for. Good high schools are Ardrey Kell and Providence (and probably a few more but those stand out in my head).

We've got younger kids but are very happy with our move from Illinois. I'm originally from Miami, FL so I'm loving the weather

There are a ton of people from New York, New Jersey and all sorts of northern states. You will love it!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM

116 posts, read 298,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheluvsfootball View Post
life is too short and life is too good to waste it on Rt. 3 while someone is flipping you the bird in a Jets jersey
lmao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: