Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times

Advertisements

I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
I've been reading these posts , observing behaviors in public , studying people for a while now , and I must say , it is displeasing. Even at work , they seem to have an attitude of ' the bottom line first , common sense last'. I read a post on those who smoke while pumping gas!! And now this!
I'm sure some of you realize this type of 'instant gratification lala land talk on the phone while I drive' bulls--- is what proliferates stereotypes about men and women as a whole. I was driving down Independence the other day and stopped at a light. Some eighth brain pulls up beside me and yells , 'Where the hoes at?' Initally , I wanted to give them the most condescending , nasty response I could muster , but decided to tell him I don't deal with hoes. I wonder how they would feel if someone refered to their mother or sister that way? Same goes for these airhead ass girls I see with Star Trek shades. Had one tell me , 'You have on some nice pants , I can see that big ---- of yours swinging around'. Needless to say she was left in the dust!! Factoring these observations , it is safe to say being a recluse may be beneficial. Not to sound snobby , but I am 30 , and I was taught to respect everyone no matter what. Unfortunately , it is hard , with the 'sex sells' culture and this auditory refuse pumped over the airwaves. Yeah , I'd like to eventually meet a classy girl one day who has her faculties in order to settle down with , but this too is difficult. I'm sure some of you all feel the same , male or female. But alot of decent people are turned off by this ****. Damn!! It's like every day I see this and have accepted this which I cannot change , but maybe I can lay the first brick for a good foundation. Call me uptight , whatever , I dont give a f---!! This may be off topic , may get me booted from the forum altogether , but if so , hopefully my words will leave a lasting impression on at least one out of a million!! And to the lady I quoted , you are correct!! I would hate to walk into a bar or club and see mountain lions inside!! LOL!! Good Luck on all of your endeavours!! On a final note , before you all approach every situation in life!! It may be tantamount in preserving yours!! PEACE!!
My head exploded trying to understand this post. Just like that guy in Scanners.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
My head exploded trying to understand this post. Just like that guy in Scanners.
+1

It's like a solid paragraph of stream of consciousness.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 AM

33 posts, read 63,798 times
So...I've got the kids off to school and I sit down with my coffee, log in, decide to check out the latest posts, and wow. LOL At least I got a good laugh to start my day, I can always use one of those. And Ani, I love going out for drinks with my girlfriends. Owning a bar for years, I've learned some surefire ways to ward off the trollers. I guess it takes all kinds. Big city life is going to be a culture shock, no doubt!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Quote:
my head exploded trying to understand this post. Just like that guy in scanners.
lol!

Quote:
you must spread some reputation around before giving it to bs13690 again.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:57 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Lmao

I musta been to Cosmos on off nights. Every time I went it seemed like lots of 20 something females. I remember this because I felt old...and I'm 31.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:30 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Cougar turned in his wings. Maverick and Goose are going in his place.

YouTube - Top Gun - North Korean style

Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Wow, after reading this thread, I'm glad I came of age at a time when all it took to have sex was some drugs and some rock n' roll! Life was much less complicated then...

Old 08-28-2009, 07:45 AM

494 posts, read 1,348,879 times
Lately...I've been hearing the term PUMA...not sure if that is younger or older than a Cougar...LOL!

Old 08-28-2009, 07:52 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,904,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Wow, after reading this thread, I'm glad I came of age at a time when all it took to have sex was some drugs and some rock n' roll! Life was much less complicated then...
LOL! And this thread reminds me once again how grateful I am to be in a committed, happy marriage. I never liked the dating game. Too many scary weirdos out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte