Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:55 PM

332 posts, read 1,430,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexih View Post
This thread has really made me laugh!! Guess I've always been the independent type....never expected guys to buy me drinks...would rather buy my own. Hmmmm.......maybe that's why I'm still single!
I'm the SAME way. I find it creepy if a guy gets too aggressive. I mean, I know I have issues, but I just want something more friendly for starters. I don't need to be charmed or woo'd... just entertained! Ha.

It does help, however, to have your girlfriends reflect on your interactions with guys and give feedback if you're worried there's a problem. After a particularly bad breakup in 03, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting as much friendly interaction as I had in the past.

My girlfriends told me that everytime a guy would look at me and smile, I'd give him an eat crap and die look without even realizing it. They said I would do it multiple times a night and that they'd appreciate it if I stopped because I was driving away the free drinks for the group. Ha.

I adjusted my attitude by simply not meeting anyone's gaze and business picked up again. So, yah, just sharing that information in case any girl finds herself in the same situation. You might be shooting daggers and not even realize it!!

As for the cougar thing, geez, what's a 30 year old girl to do these days? I get hit on more by 22 year old guys (2 this week) than I do guys my own age. It seems the only 30-31 year olds I talk to are my best friends. I guess I need to start looking younger or older and stop riding the fence at "my age." Ha.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 PM

714 posts, read 2,305,892 times
I'm the same way about guys hitting on me in bars. In the past (since I don't frequent them now) I usually would toy with them, talk mockingly a bit and say, "Ohhh how sweet... Why on earth are you bothering with me? Seriously, don't you know you're not going to get anywhere?"

Everytime I did that, it only made them more interested. I've never actually "picked up" anyone from a bar, though... They always got on my nerves too much. All I ever want to do is drink my beer, play some darts, do some people watching and laugh... Thank goodness I'm married now.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:56 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,963,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Man, the stuff you can learn on the internet!
I had to look up puma, cougar and jaguar! The internet is amazing. In my search for the three terms ... wonders kept unfolding!

Alley Cat: An alley cat is a younger women in her late 20's or early 30's but is unattractive and thinks she is pretty. She is not old enough to be a sabretooth, but thinks of herself as a puma, or a pre-cougar.

Then inquiring mind needed to know what in the world is a sabretooth .....

Sabretooth: A woman too old or too ugly to be a cougar but tries anyway.

Who comes up with these terms/handles/titles or whatever they are called. Where is Betty Friedan ... Gloria Steinem ... all those bras burned ... to become a puma, cougar, jaguar, sabretooth or alley cat. Bet Betty is rolling in her grave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
...at least he didn't say MILF
I had to look this one up too! Another new one for me. Goodness I live a sheltered life! I need to get out more.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 AM

355 posts, read 992,655 times
The girl look so good but the brain is not ready so here we go. I rather talk to a woman with her mind so steady. LOL!!!!!!!!!!! OLDER WOMEN ARE CLASSY!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,894,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhagw View Post
Because most of these "cougars" aren't looking for a man to make her happy "long" term, just for the night.... So people aren't calling all women 45 cougars, just the ones looking for one night stands with younger guys.

And 40 year old men looking for 21 year old women is what we call "creepy" guys
A sober young guy going with a 45 year old woman is what is called "creepy, freeloading, very horney, or desperate".

Old 08-31-2009, 07:41 AM

13 posts, read 167,863 times
Ok...anifan...i'd let you buy me a drink then anytime. lol
I like old school, i can play that way too.

I am really amazed how many interesting comments this post has created...

Calling all cougars...calling all cougars....ballantyne....wednesdays in September...

Old 08-31-2009, 10:04 AM

140 posts, read 272,345 times
:d:d:d

Old 09-03-2009, 10:17 AM

Yep...well as reported....Ballantyne is a cougar haven....

It was a tone of fun, good friendly people...good bartenders...fun all around...

Mix at 6 was pretty terrific

Old 09-03-2009, 10:31 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,548,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolmodeep View Post
Yep...well as reported....Ballantyne is a cougar haven....

It was a tone of fun, good friendly people...good bartenders...fun all around...

Mix at 6 was pretty terrific
Pics or it didn't happen

j/k

Old 09-03-2009, 10:45 AM

oh it definatly happened...Viilage Bistro was crowded and there are many very nice ladies in the Ballantyne area...some more friendly than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte