U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 PM

82 posts, read 160,922 times

Advertisements

My DH and I seem to be in the plus column for good events of late -after months of unemployment, we decided to and sold our home in 3 weeks (although it was a break my heart event)... After the sale, we've now have his birthday, our 16th wedding aniversary and THANK YOU LORD a job offer here in Charlotte to celebrate this weekend!

After the months of stress and bickering, I do want to celebrate all three events and need suggestions to make this weekend special. I will have Friday, Saturday and Monday off (still have to work on Sunday) so a weekend getaway won't really work.

Special restaurants, a day trip (wineries, or golf outings work and we used to be pretty adventerous in our less stressful days) etc... We are fairly new to Charlotte and just moved to a new community where we know nobody and need to make our own fun ...

Your suggestions and restaurant suggestions would be very, very welcome. TIA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,548,112 times
Congrats on your 16th Anniversary, on selling your home (even tho I know it broke your heart) and my best wishes on your landing the job!

What type of restaurant are you looking for? Something romantic? Any particular type of cuisine?

Interested in a B&B one night stay? How far would you be willing to drive?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:28 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,049,951 times
congrats on all your good fortune.

how about a quick trip to the mountains?
we have done a one nite trip to The richmond Hill Inn , they have the most romantic cottages
with fireplace and lovely porches.
it is a quick 2 hour drive , located in Asheville.
you might be able to get discounted stay if you check on line.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM

8,348 posts, read 12,467,844 times
No suggestions for activities, but congrat's on the turn of events!

Old 09-03-2009, 08:10 PM

82 posts, read 160,922 times
Local events would work best since we have pets that would have to be boarded and we haven't planned on doing that. Just got the job offer 2 days ago, so we can spend a little more, uptown or specialty restaurants are not off limits for this weekend. Anything special happening around Charlotte this Labor day that we could do would be fun also...

Romantic dinner would be fun... thank you for all your good wishes, I feel so unburdened, it's been very hard the last few months and as much as I've tried my stress cracks have been showing.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,408,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D2C21GC View Post
My DH and I seem to be in the plus column for good events of late -after months of unemployment, we decided to and sold our home in 3 weeks (although it was a break my heart event)... After the sale, we've now have his birthday, our 16th wedding aniversary and THANK YOU LORD a job offer here in Charlotte to celebrate this weekend!

After the months of stress and bickering, I do want to celebrate all three events and need suggestions to make this weekend special. I will have Friday, Saturday and Monday off (still have to work on Sunday) so a weekend getaway won't really work.

Special restaurants, a day trip (wineries, or golf outings work and we used to be pretty adventerous in our less stressful days) etc... We are fairly new to Charlotte and just moved to a new community where we know nobody and need to make our own fun ...

Your suggestions and restaurant suggestions would be very, very welcome. TIA
Congrats, congrats on everything! I like the Pewter Rose for a special celebration meal:

Pewter Rose Bistro

Matthews Alive can also be a lot of fun over the Labor Day weekend - go listen to some great live music:
http://www.matthewsalive.org/

Old 09-04-2009, 05:45 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,377,267 times
Here's the Sept event thread that was posted.

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ctivities.html

Congrat's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte