Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,616,152 times

Advertisements

We all know - it depends on where you live as to what is considered the "norm" or what is "acceptable."

And I just gotta ask - if you have a swimming pool or hot tub/jacuzzi . . . do you skinny dip at night?

Or are you like me and too uptight about the neighbors to ever jump in au naturel?

Come on. Tell the truth. Or tell me what you have heard others say they do. Cause I suspect most folks assume people are skinny dipping in their pools at nite . . . but I think the reality is - most of us are just too concerned about propriety to take a chance on the neighbors seeing us so, um, relaxed.

I wish I were out to myself and had no concerns about neighbors.

So what is the accepted norm here - nekkid or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM

769 posts, read 2,223,534 times
When I had a house with a pool we would skinny dip, but always made sure no exterior lights were on, and even checked interior lights for stray illumination potential!! We also didn't have any neighbors behind us, large lots in the subdivision and tall trees to help provide a "screen".

'course I'm a "wild 'n crazy" Cali girl!!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
When I had a house with a pool we would skinny dip, but always made sure no exterior lights were on, and even checked interior lights for stray illumination potential!! We also didn't have any neighbors behind us, large lots in the subdivision and tall trees to help provide a "screen".

'course I'm a "wild 'n crazy" Cali girl!!
LOL!! And see - that is exactly what I mean - so much of this is what is the norm where you live (or grew up).

That is a great suggestion about lights - even interior lights. Makes sense to me.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,789,385 times
IF I had a pool or hot tub I would skinny dip. Lights off of course

Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,924,619 times
Ha ha ha, Ani. Are you starting to get ideas? Whoopeee! And you think your neighbors' dogs already create a ruckus?!!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:29 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,756,771 times
When we were in Maryland, our neighbors had a awesome pool, and when they were gone, it was skinny dip city for me and my wife.

In fact, we credit that pool with one and possibly two of our children.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Ha ha ha, Ani. Are you starting to get ideas? Whoopeee! And you think your neighbors' dogs already create a ruckus?!!!!
Let's be frank - it is a hassle jumping in the spa w/ a bathing suit, then coming inside all wet, taking a shower, and putting on jammies.

I am thinking ahead to winter, when a bathing suit means getting even more chilled when I jump out of the spa and head in the house w/ that dripping, cold bathing suit! Even with the robe on, it is still so wet and cold b/c of my bathing suits!!!

Without that suit, my floor length terry robe will absorb the water and my teeth won't be chattering by the time I jump in the shower.

But I am chicken.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
When we were in Maryland, our neighbors had a awesome pool, and when they were gone, it was skinny dip city for me and my wife.

In fact, we credit that pool with one and possibly two of our children.
Dang, LLN. That just says it all. I am definitely missing out by being too cautious.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
IF I had a pool or hot tub I would skinny dip. Lights off of course
You knew I loved ya already, but just needed to say it again, lol!!!! With the woods and the privacy screen - I think no one could see me if there are no lights.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,609,211 times
I saw this thread in the new thread section of city- data im scared to with one of us having Psoriasis

wtmi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: