Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,544 times

Advertisements

Hi there! My husband and I are looking to relocate to Charlotte NC and I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding jobs for each of us. We need to each have a job before the move can occur. We currently live in Michigan and my husband has been on unemployment since Jan 2009 and to no avail has been unable to find employment here. I just recently graduated with my associates degree in health administration. I have been applying online to many different places but was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas of places that are hiring and would do phone interviews or we also are capable of traveling down for an in person interview. My husbands cousin lives in Charlotte and that is the main reason we want to move down and the fact that there are no jobs in Michigan. Our house in Michigan is already packed we are just waiting on job placement to head down. My husband has an excellent work history but does not have a degree he has worked in the hotel industry and done production work at an automobile factory. He is available for any type of work to get started in Charlotte. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampbell200 View Post
Hi there! My husband and I are looking to relocate to Charlotte NC and I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding jobs for each of us. We need to each have a job before the move can occur. We currently live in Michigan and my husband has been on unemployment since Jan 2009 and to no avail has been unable to find employment here. I just recently graduated with my associates degree in health administration. I have been applying online to many different places but was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas of places that are hiring and would do phone interviews or we also are capable of traveling down for an in person interview. My husbands cousin lives in Charlotte and that is the main reason we want to move down and the fact that there are no jobs in Michigan. Our house in Michigan is already packed we are just waiting on job placement to head down. My husband has an excellent work history but does not have a degree he has worked in the hotel industry and done production work at an automobile factory. He is available for any type of work to get started in Charlotte. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
I understand your need to get out of Michigan. I have family there. Unfortunately, things are bad all over. I'd suggest widening the area that you're looking at. Check in Knoxville & Ashville. Look in SC & southern VA as well as the NC Piedmont that is north of Charlotte. That will up your odds, since you are looking for 2 jobs.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:37 PM

210 posts, read 507,775 times
There is a BMW factory in northwestern South Carolina. I read that they will be hiring, but it sounded like temporary work. It may be worth a look. Forget what town.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM

171 posts, read 272,341 times
Lot of factories, warehouses, stores going up in the York,Sc area, as well as Maiden,Nc area. york intersection hwy 49 and 167 , and 321 exit 28 NC for Maiden. Maiden looks ready to go, York may be a while

Old 10-12-2009, 01:22 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll Kitty Lover View Post
There is a BMW factory in northwestern South Carolina. I read that they will be hiring, but it sounded like temporary work. It may be worth a look. Forget what town.
It's in Spartanburg. Here's a link to search their careers.

Last edited by Brooklyn_QueenBee; 10-12-2009 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM

332 posts, read 1,430,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn_QueenBee View Post
It's in Spartanburg. Here's a link to search their careers.
When I worked in employment, I staffed for BMW and the associated companies. I don't have contacts there now but I can tell you that the upstate SC market is somewhat stronger in terms of light industrial than NC... at least for one concentrated area. Now, they've been hit as well, but I'd still say between Greenville, Spartanburg, Duncan, and Greer there are much more options within driving distance. Apply with EVERY temporary agency in the Upstate because the contracts for who staffs what rotate...

Hospitals are Mary Black, Spartanburg Regional, and Greenville Hospital Systems.

Hope that helps, good luck with your situation.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:45 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,399,178 times
I see that my link was not added, on top search careers.
BMW Manufacturing Co. | Expansion

Old 10-13-2009, 11:49 AM

4 posts, read 5,544 times
Thank you very much for the information it is greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte