Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,983,711 times

Advertisements

I have a friend in Florida, his HOA fee is $120.00 a year. It's a golf coarse community. No real amenities except a walking trail. There are a lot of homes. Common areas always look stunning, including the main entrance. He has lived in the community for 11 years with no increase in the HOA fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 03:15 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdei38 View Post
If someone offered me 500,000 to live in an HOA, I can't see me taking it.

I just don't see how people stand for it. I understand it's protection against lazy and rude people but what ever happened to shaming a person into taking care of their home....whenever a woman looks out her window and sees another woman working around her home....the cat in her should take over and she'll get out there and do a better job for her own home....

Abandoned vehicles are easily resolved by law enforcement....

The only thing I ever saw in regard to someone letting the neighborhood know he owned his home non HOA was this about 80 year old guy and his wife painted their home Peach with Purple trim...the yard was nice and landscaped, gorgeous....and every time I passed that house I loved it just because they said, skeeerew the white house with white trim...we like peach and purple.

I just don't get HOA's, and people that visit us or my fathers property always come back, they always want to hang around....just because we can use our property within the law, we aren't bound by some HOA adding additional can not do rules.

I don't know if all HOA's are so strict, but everything I've heard about them has made me avoid them like the plague....

Mom's neighborhood is non-HOA and is awesome looking..
I'm suprised your annual HOA aren't higher in that there are only 8 homeowners that are currently paying toward your HOA budget.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,917 times
Default Hoa

Thanks for the response! Everytime we ask for a budget, they give us a few numbers, but not the whole thing. I would like to have a yearly budget! Where is all the monies going, it is so upsetting.
We pay $700.00 a year, but if you pay monthly, we have to pay $65.00 a month, which comes out to be $780.00.
Last year from August until December, nothing was being done in our subdivision, the management company quit and the builder tried to take over, then in December we as in the Homeowners took it over. I think that during the Aug - Dec time frame, we should have gotten a credit, we mowed our own lawns, we cleaned the pool area, we trimmed bushes and we made the front entrance look nice...I live in a Townhome community and all that is covered is the lawn maintenance (what a joke by the way), pool service, security lighting and the water for the pool, with about 200 Units, the fee seems pretty high to me!
It is just very frustrating...

Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy68 View Post
Thanks for the response! Everytime we ask for a budget, they give us a few numbers, but not the whole thing. I would like to have a yearly budget! Where is all the monies going, it is so upsetting.
That does not sound right. I would think that they would be required to provide you with a full budget upon request. I'm no lawyer but I would think there would be a law on the books about that.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,396 times
I am Raja Pappadan from Eden Prairie, MN. I have some questions regarding HOA fees. I have purchased a house in November 2007 and there are 40 houses(single family) in our community. When we purchased our house, the sales rep said as soon as done with 40 houses construction, we will hand over this HOA to you 40 house owners. But just we found out that we can't come out of the master association before 700+ home owners(Master association has many community). We have paid $79.00 per month and suddenly HOA increased fee from $79 to $128. We did contact with our association and they have refused to reduce this fee increase. My question is1) Is there any way to reduce the association fee?2) Is there any 40 of us come out of Master association as Sales rep promised us before?

Last edited by pappadan; 03-27-2009 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: error
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: