U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Durham, NC
3,538 posts, read 10,102,991 times
Reputation: 2189

Advertisements

Callers report spotting the Food Network crew from "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" -- the show in which wild-haired Guy Fieri waxes philosophic (and enthusiastically hungry) about all sorts of places and specialties -- filming around town. Among the reported locations: Jake's Good Eats, South 21, Cabo Fish Taco, dish and Landmark Diner.

Helen Schwab: Food Network spotted in Charlotte
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,691 posts, read 25,262,683 times
Reputation: 14387
That article is the first time I ever heard of Jake's & dish. The menus look pretty good. Any place with Fried Green Tomatoes is a place worth trying, IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,808 posts, read 6,224,022 times
Reputation: 751
Dish is great! It's a very homey place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Autumn Cove, Lake Wylie, SC
393 posts, read 1,129,885 times
Reputation: 284
Weird...
I emailed the show that they should go to the Rock House BBQ in Stallings like 6 months ago. That place is AWESOME!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,776 posts, read 12,902,990 times
Reputation: 6562
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
Weird...
I emailed the show that they should go to the Rock House BBQ in Stallings like 6 months ago. That place is AWESOME!
I've been meaning to try that place. Thanks for the review

Love Guy Fieri, he's one of the only Food Network stars that doesn't make my blood boil!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 9,884,799 times
Reputation: 2161
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I've been meaning to try that place. Thanks for the review

Love Guy Fieri, he's one of the only Food Network stars that doesn't make my blood boil!

He has this thing he does before diving into an oversized burger...it's like he's revving himself up. He studies it...looks at all of his angles...does his kind of a head bob or shuck and jive thing...and then just tears into it with neither shame nor regard for the shirt he's wearing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
6,776 posts, read 12,902,990 times
Reputation: 6562
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
He has this thing he does before diving into an oversized burger...it's like he's revving himself up. He studies it...looks at all of his angles...does his kind of a head bob or shuck and jive thing...and then just tears into it with neither shame nor regard for the shirt he's wearing.
Yeah I've seen him do it at the beginning of his show! It's like a predator sizing up it's prey
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Autumn Cove, Lake Wylie, SC
393 posts, read 1,129,885 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I've been meaning to try that place. Thanks for the review
Get the lunch special. $5.50. You get a pulled pork sandwich w/ slaw on top, choice of side, and a drink.
I could seriously take a bath in the vinegar sauce its that good...and the Brunswick stew is heaven.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,691 posts, read 25,262,683 times
Reputation: 14387
I like to watch the show but I think it is pretty fake. Guy seems to like everything, I have never heard him say a bad word about anything he has been served. Some of it has to taste bad or at least not be anything special.

I guess it is hard to say anything when the owner/chef is right in front of you but if you rely on this as a honest review of a restaurant, then you are kidding yourself.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 AM
 
416 posts, read 871,399 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I like to watch the show but I think it is pretty fake. Guy seems to like everything, I have never heard him say a bad word about anything he has been served. Some of it has to taste bad or at least not be anything special.

I guess it is hard to say anything when the owner/chef is right in front of you but if you rely on this as a honest review of a restaurant, then you are kidding yourself.
He is not there to critic the menu or tell his likes and dislikes. He just gives them some publicity. Of course he is going to say everything is great.
What a gig!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top