Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM
KC8 KC8 started this thread

40 posts, read 148,448 times

Advertisements

We are moving to New Jersey this month.

Does anybody have good recommendations on
a) movers
b) apartment cleaning services.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 5,254 times
I don't know of any movers but there are a ton out there, but people themselves can help with the apartment cleaning.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 AM

231 posts, read 577,134 times
Defintely check out Craigslist...they are a ton of people offering to help move you and/or clean your place afterward. Check out the "Services" section for household and labor/move.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM

124 posts, read 361,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8 View Post
We are moving to New Jersey this month.

Does anybody have good recommendations on
a) movers
b) apartment cleaning services.

Thanks in advance
Class Action Movers in NC was recommended to me and I was very pleased, they were very professional, did not waste a minute, prices were good and excellent reports from BBB. Know others moving to NY last week and very picky peopl but happy. I have recommended them to others locally and they too were pleased. Good Luck

Old 11-15-2009, 08:56 PM

201 posts, read 670,883 times
We've used Mathews Moving for years, from moves ten miles away to state to state moves (Philly to Charlotte).

I have nothing but great things to say about their service!

http://www.matthewsmoving.com

Feel free to PM me with any questions or more information.

We have used them for three different moves over the years--two state to state, and one in state.

Good luck with your move!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:03 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,633,179 times
I don't have a recommendation on movers but check out Moving: How to avoid Moving Company Scams to look up disreputable ones.

As far as cleaning, any maid service should be fine. They are going to clean it again to get it ready for the next renter anyway so as long as it is not destroyed you are usually OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte