U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:13 PM

23,567 posts, read 29,827,222 times

Advertisements

Thai House on Franklin Blvd is connected to Thai House on Harris Blvd in Charlotte. Does anyone have an opinion on either location (preferably Gastonia)?

A friend has been getting me where I need to go for a month, & I will not be allowed to drive again for another 3 or 4 weeks. He & I saw the Franklin Blvd location of Thai House & he mentioned that he'd always wanted to try Thai food, but had never found anyone who would go with him. I'd like to take him to lunch, to thank him, if the food is decent.

Please don't compare it to other places in other cities. My friend hasn't been to those places. Either the food is decent, or it isn't. That's all I'm interested in. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 05:55 PM

616 posts, read 1,618,058 times
Oh, I've been wondering this too. Hope someone's been there! (Is there a Ben & Jerry's in the same little shopping center?)

Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Oh, I've been wondering this too. Hope someone's been there! (Is there a Ben & Jerry's in the same little shopping center?)
You know, I don't recall seeing one, but that doesn't mean that there isn't one. It's across the parking lot from HH Gregg, & I remember seeing a mattress store.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 PM

14,693 posts, read 24,218,976 times
I have been to the one in Pineville and the one on Harris. Since they were almost the same I would guess the one in Gastonia is, too. I think the food is decent. It is not Americanized and the food is very flavorful.

My favorite is the red curry duck.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I have been to the one in Pineville and the one on Harris. Since they were almost the same I would guess the one in Gastonia is, too. I think the food is decent. It is not Americanized and the food is very flavorful.

My favorite is the red curry duck.
Thanks, bs! The menu for the Gastonia location is in my 3 county phone book & they show the Franklin Blvd & Harris Blvd addresses, which is how I knew that those 2 were tied together.

My friend likes spicy food, so this sounds like a winner.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 PM

2,447 posts, read 6,871,311 times
I haven't been there but I have a friend who loves it. He has been at least five times since it opened. Here is the website for all three locations - Thai House

And yes, the Ben and Jerry's opened this summer.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
I haven't been there but I have a friend who loves it. He has been at least five times since it opened. Here is the website for all three locations - Thai House

And yes, the Ben and Jerry's opened this summer.
Thank you so much!

ETA 5 times sounds like a good endorsement.

Last edited by southbound_295; 11-15-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 12:36 PM

146 posts, read 433,408 times
I have been to the Gastonia location. had the Pad Thai. It was "ok". the place is empty so seating is not a problem. If you like spicy food, order your food as hot as you can get. The medium was not hot at all compared to other Thai restaurants i have been to. I would give it 7 out of 10. Good service, fair prices.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM

14,693 posts, read 24,218,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on08 View Post
I have been to the Gastonia location. had the Pad Thai. It was "ok". the place is empty so seating is not a problem. If you like spicy food, order your food as hot as you can get. The medium was not hot at all compared to other Thai restaurants i have been to. I would give it 7 out of 10. Good service, fair prices.
I think they tame it down even if you tell them medium. Medium to them is probably a lot different to medium for most Americans. I never ask them to spice it up for me. I always use the little hot sauces and the chili powder and do it myself.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the spices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte