Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 29,724 times

Advertisements

I just thought I'd also throw in that I agree with anifani821 about Chapel Hill. Although I couldn't tell you about the ratio of mosques I can say that it has a surprisingly large international population for such a small town and while I lived there I found it to be very diverse. The schools are excellent and although the prices are steeper than many other NC cities you get the small town feel with the benefits of a much larger city with the college there and the capitol so close. It is by far the friendliest city I have ever been too in NC. I love the fact that the local grocery is a co-op and you can get anywhere in the city by bus completely free.
I would not under any circumstances move to Winston-Salem. That place is a cesspool of despair and full of the snootiest people living right next to some of the most poverty stricken areas of the state (across 10foot fences of COURSE!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 421 times
please let me know more about this area charlotte, north carolina im looking into moving over there myself have a 6 year old daughther

Old 06-17-2015, 05:52 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth in charlotte View Post
Hi,
I saw your message about the possibility of moving you moving to Charlotte.Moderator cut: tos violation I do know that Charlotte prides itself on being very culturally diverse. One thing you may not know is that even though Charlotte is a large city, depending on where you live, it can have a small town feel.

Most of the mosques that you listed are in the same general area. As far as schools are concerned, we are very fortunate here in Charlotte to have a great public school system. There are many good schools that you could choose from in the city.

I don't want to assume that that area of town has a strong Muslim population, because I do not know, but it's a possibility and definitely something to look into. As far as the hospitals are concerned, there are a couple of hospitals within a few miles from the mosques, and the area where you would most likely want to live. If you have any other (maybe more specific) questions, please don't hesistate to ask!
Beth
I am just wondering WHERE you got the impression that Charlotte has a 'great public school syeste with many good schools to choose from within the city'. Have you been asleep for the past 15+ years when the Char-Meck Schools have been at their LOWEST point ever and gone through multiple school Superintendents?? I know of a small handful of good schools and not but one or two 'great one' in the whole CMS system.
It doesn't give newbies to Charlotte any help in telling them it is wonderful here when it is only fair to partly sunny.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:08 PM

150 posts, read 351,915 times
In your situation, I might take a closer look at Cary, NC. There's a full-time Islamic school that's well-regarded. That area also has good public schools and proximity to the halal meat stores etc. For here, I agree with the previous advice to figure out the job situation first. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte